1.What Happened To...Daycare

"GET UP!"

"GET UP!"

I cringed at the high-pitched voice of my little brother. "Leave me alone!" I grumbled. I felt something soft land on my face with a thump. My eyes flew open and I was ready to lunge at my brother. But his expression changed my mind. Those big brown puppy eyes and pouted lips made want to pick him up and give him a bone-crushing hug.

I sigh. "What do you want?" I ask.

Rodney gives me a look. "Al, it's almost 9 o'clock and you have to take me to Daycare at 9:30." He says.

Although I was able to take care of Rodney since we were on holiday while my parents went to work, we never knew when I would be going out and couldn't take care of him so he want to daycare every day, he loved going anyway.

"Alright let me take a quick shower and I'll be down in a sec, okay?" I tell him, he nodded and left.

I quickly get in the shower and indulge in the warm water. I pull a pair of denim shorts and a baby blue tank top with my blue flats and jog downstairs. My little brother is busy munching on some lucky charms while my mum makes his lunch.

I greet my mum with a kiss on the cheek and grab a banana. I sit at the counter for a couple of minutes eating my banana as I waited for my brother. When he is done we head out while saying bye to our Mom over our shoulders.

"Hey Rodney wait up!" I call to my brother as he speed walks along the pavement. The daycare center is only a five minute walk from my house so I don't know why Rodney is in such a rush.

It was either he really liked daycare or he didn't go to the toilet before we left. We arrive at the center and head to his class, this was one of the biggest daycares around here, people from four towns over come, because of this there were so many classes and it took me a while to find Rodney's every time.

As we walk I help Rodney take off his bag accidentally bumping into someone. I look up to mumble an apology but stop when I see an extremely hot guy with blonde curly hair and crystal blue eyes staring right back at me. We just stared at each other for a while until I realized how weird this was and looked down blushing.

Forgetting my apology, I turned to leave and grabbed Rodney's hand. I practically had to drag him as he ogles at the cute little girl with the hot guy. Good looks must run in their family.

"Hey Rods! Hey Al!" Theresa, Rodney's daycare teacher called coming to hug us both. I always dreaded her hugs. I felt like I was dying.

"Hey Terry!" I gasped through her hug.

After a few minutes she finally let us go. And I let out a heavy breath. She grabbed Rodney's hand and pulled him to his seat where he immediately started talking to his friends. She walked back up to me with a smile.

"So what's u-" She didn't get to finish her sentence as someone cleared their throat behind me as I leaned on the door frame.

I didn't turn around knowing it's the hot guy from the hallway. "Hey there! This must be Millie, am I correct?" Theresa asked politely.

"Yeah and I'm Caleb." He said reaching out his hand to Terry.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Theresa" She beams. I sometimes wonder how she can be so happy. The little girl shuffles into the class as Theresa beckons her in.

She looks around and spots a chair beside my brother. She sits beside him and he immediately starts talking to her like he had known him for years. I smiled wishing I was as talented as he was with people.

"Hey Al before you go could you give out the coloring books while I talk to Caleb here?" Terry asked. I stood up straight from my slumped position and saluted her.

"Yes Ma'am!" I said marching to the cabinet. She pouted.

"Don't call me ma'am, it makes me feel old!"

I chuckled while walking towards the cupboard. "Terry, I'm pretty sure that's not what makes you feel old." I called over my shoulder.

I wait to hear her reaction but instead I am met with a low sexy chuckle.

Okay so I forgot he was there.

I blushed before opening the cupboard full of supplies. I reached out for the box of coloring books and start handing them out when I reached Millie I pick out a new one and wrote her name in it. I hand it down to her and she looks at it like it's a million dollars. She must really like to color.

She turned her gaze from the book and to me and gave me a grateful smile, I smiled back at her ruffling her hair and then turn to Rodney. "See ya later Rods." I said to him. "Bye Ally." He replied, I ruffled his hair too but he smacks my hand away glaring at me.

"See ya later Ally-gator." Millie says emphasizing on the first part before laughing at her own joke. Rodney and I laugh along.

"Bye Millie." I smiled.

I think I'm going to like that girl. As I head for the door I realize that Terry and Caleb had been watching us amused.

''Thanks Al, I'll talk to you later, okay?'' Terry says. I nod passing by her and Caleb. "Kay , Bye Grandma.'' I said turning to her. She glared at me and pursed her lips before she could said something she shouldn't in front of the kids. She huffed and turned to walk back into the class. I chuckled turning to leave. I started walking.

''Hey!' 'Caleb called from behind me.

**************************************

First chapter done.....well second but you know what I mean so Yay!!!

KEEP READING

Don't forget to vomment! Thank you xx