Chapter 7

~Ashton~

  Four days

  It's been four days since Saphira had spoken to me.

  I thought that was what I wanted, but I missed her sweet voice.

  I missed her looking at me and then quickly looking away when I caught her gaze, now she only ever communicated with me in first period when we were given work to do.

  "Hey, you okay?" I looked up to see my big brother, Aiden looking at me with a slightly worried expression on his face. He had the door partially open and had his leather jacket hanging over his shoulder, with a pair of sunglasses resting on his head.

  "Yea I'm fine." I mumbled putting another spoonful of fruit loops into my mouth.

  "Okay well I'll be back later. And cheer up dude it's Saturday." Aiden said walking out the door shutting it behind him. 

  I sighed and pushed my cereal away before standing up and making my way to the living room. I heard whispers and heightened my hearing.

  "She doesn't want him to come." I recognized my aunt Floria's voice.

  "He's the next alpha, he will be there." I heard the stern voice of my father say.

  "Saphira, Trevor and Frank are new members of our pack, we need to make them feel comfortable, and Saphira has requested Ashton not come."

  I narrowed my eyes in anger. There was no way in hell that I wasn't coming. I stepped into the living room making my presence known.

  "I'm coming, end of discussion." I growled before walking back out.

  How dare she actually request for me to not come. I'll talk to her. Whether she likes it or not.

  I grabbed my jacket and rushed out of the pack house slamming the door behind me.

                              ****
~Saphira~

  I was currently in the meadow that was in the center of the woods. I had discovered it after school had ended on Tuesday and I had needed to blow off some steam.

  I walked to the middle of the flower covered meadow and lied down. I spread out my arms and breathed in the scent of all the beautiful flowers.

  Today was the official pack ceremony, announcing our joining. I had told my dad I didn't particularly like the next alpha Ashton and he had requested he not be there, on my behalf. We didn't get a final answer, but I have a feeling Ashton will find some kind of way to ruin today.

  I picked one of the flowers and marveled at its beauty. It was a daisy. I had always loved daisies, and fruit loops. I smiled and twirled the flower in between my thumb and forefinger.

  A delicious scent filled my senses. I quickly jerked up into a sitting position. My eyes quickly scanned the meadow before resting on Ashton, who was standing halfway in the shadows. He looked mad, really mad. Did someone upset him?

  No. I didn't care.

  He was a jerk.

  I rolled my eyes and lied back down, as if his presence had no effect on me, when really I was tingling inside.

  I heard the grass crunch under his feet as he made his way towards me. I saw the front of his shoes out of the corner of my eye.

  What did he want? Had he come here to torture me some more? I had no idea what he was here for, and I didn't exactly want to find out.

  I got to my feet, and dusted off my bottom. I shot him a questioning glare before turning around, ready to leave.

  "Why?" he asked making me halt. I turned around to face him.

  "Why what?" I questioned crossing my arms over my chest.

  "Why did you request for me to not be at your joining ceremony?" he asked stepping even closer to me. I looked up into his brown eyes before looking down at the flowers.

  "Because I didn't want you there."  I replied bluntly.

  I didn't miss the look of hurt that quickly spread across his face before evaporating.

  "Why not?" he asked his voice barely above a whisper. I took a step back.

  "Because I didn't want you to ruin, what was suppose to be a pretty special day in my book." I said. He looked across the field while sighing deeply.

  "I don't know what to do, Saphira." he whispered. I looked up into his eyes. They held fear. Fear was a very bad thing.

  "What do you mean?" I asked. He ran a hand through his hair before replying.

  "I thought rejecting you was what I wanted, but you not talking to me, the thought of you hating me, just, I don't know." he said shaking his head as if he was arguing with himself.

  "Maybe you should have thought about that earlier." I replied. He opened his mouth to argue some more but I cut him off.

  "I'm okay with you coming tonight, just please don't act like the total dick you are." I said before turning around and walking away.

  It seemed like I had been walking away from Ashton a lot lately. Sometimes walking away just felt so good, is that wrong?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, Comment, Become A Fan!! ♡♥♡♥