Chapter 9

~Saphira~

I had read about time shattering, mind blowing, heart stopping kisses in tons of chessey romantic novels before.

I had always secretly wished for a kiss like that.

But I never thought I'd ever experience something like that, until now that is.

I was momentarily shocked when Ashton just, out of the blue, smashed his lips to mine.

I felt him hesitate against my lips, as if deciding whether or not to pull away. I had waited too long for this kiss, and I would not let it be ruined by my lack of knowledge when it came to things such as kissing.

I placed my hands on either side of his face and pulled him gently down to where I wasn't standing on my tip toes.

I started moving my lips against his and almost gasped at the harsh amount of shivers and tingles that overtook my entire body.

I felt heat spread throughout my being, and that was a strange new experience.

Ashton wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up off the ground, to where he wasn't hunched over.

I smiled against the kiss as I wrapped my legs around his waist.

All the anger and frustration I had felt earlier just seemed to slip away as I lost myself in the very dangerous land of peace, known as Ashton.

Too bad Simon had to ruin it. We jerked apart as a loud throat clearing was heard. Ashton gently put me back on my feet as he turned to glare at his cousin, Simon.

"Sorry to interrupt what was probably a very important step in your relationship, but Ashton your dad is looking for you." Simon said awkwardly scratching the back of his neck as he shot me a smile. Ashton growled and stepped in front of me, blocking Simon's view. I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

But I couldn't help the feeling of happiness that spread throughout me at the thought of Ashton not wanting another guy to see me.

"What does he want? " Ashton spat, making me flinch at the way he had said he. I wondered if he got along with his dad, alpha David.

"He wants to talk about your eighteenth birthday." Simon said turning around and walking away.

Ashton turned around to face me.

"So I guess you have to go." I mumbled looking away. I know it was probaly selfish of me, but now that Ashton had kissed me I just wanted him to kiss me again and again. Ashton smiled and leaned down to give me another kiss.

"Ashton! " I jumped as the word was shouted with alpha authority towards Ashton.

"What? " Ashton shot back. I watched as alpha David quickly made his way towards Ashton and grabbed his arm, pulling him a few away from me. My wolf whimpered at the distance.

"Honestly Ashton, your eighteenth birthday is right around the corner and you're still fooling around with bimbos who aren't your mate! " alpha David hissed at Ashton. My eyes narrowed in anger at his comment. I most certainly was not a bimbo! I made straight A's!

"Dad,-" Ashton began but was cut off by his father again.

"When will you learn to grow up and take responsibility for yourself?" alpha David asked, sounding dissapointed. I squealed in surprise as Ashton grabbed my arm and tugged me to his side.

"Dad this is my mate, Saphira Richards." Ashton said a hard tone. At his words alpha David's head snapped up to face me with a look of shock. He opened his mouth to say something but Ashton spoke first.

"Dad I'm in the process of growing up, and I do take responsibility for myself." Ashton said turning around, with his arm tightly around my waist. We had walked afresh feet when I stopped and turned around to face alpha David. I really hoped what I was about to say didn't get me on the alphas least favorite list.

"Just to let you know alpha David I am not a bimbo, I'm actually a straight A student. " I said making his eyes widen in shock. I turned back around to Ashton and grabbed his hand pulling him away.

"Damn my little mate is fiesty." Ashton said letting a huge smile spread across his face.

I rolled my eyes but couldn't help the smile that found its way on my face. Ashton wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to his side.

"Come on, I want to talk to you." he said grabbing my arm and pulling me towards his front door. I didn't protest as he lead me up the staircase to what I assumed was his bedroom. He opened the door and let me walk inside first.

I looked around and noticed that it was a pretty normal looking room. It had a bed, a desk, a dresser and a window. Next to his bed was a nightstand with an alarm clock.

Ashton led me over to his bed.

"Sit. " he said pointing at his bed. I sat down on his bed as Ashton started to pace in front of me. His silence was kind of causing me to become nervous.

"Ashton what is it? " I asked looking up at him. He turned towards me and took his beanie off, throwing it on his desk he takes his hand through his brown hair making it stick up in all directions.

"I-I need to know that you don't hate me. " he said looking out his window. I stood up and walked over to him.

"I could never hate you. " I said turning his head to face me. "Believe me I've tried. " I sai cracking a smile, trying to lighten the mood, but it just made his face scrunch up like he had smelled something horrid.

"I'm so so sorry about everything. About rejecting you, hitting you in the face with a dodgeball, which was really truly an accident, but for mostly just hurting you." he said looking down at me with sad eyes.

I smiled and put my hands on either side of his face.

"It's okay people make mistakes. " I said giving him a quick peck on the lips.

"I want to do the full moon ritual." Ashton said. My eyes widened in shock.

The full moon ritual was when a mate accepted their rejected mate. It had to be the closest full moon following the date of rejection. The mate that rejected his or her mate would have to mark them at the time at which the full moon was at its highest point. It restored the mate bond.

"Okay. " I said smiling. I really wanted to restore our bond.

"Just one thing. " Ashton said holding up his index finger.

"What? " I asked.

"Tomorrow is the full moon. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, Comment, Become A Fan!!!