25. The Tutor

25

"Achoo!" I sniffled and coughed a little. I was so sick. I don't know what happened. Yesterday I was playing truth or dare and now I'm lying in bed, about to cough out a lung.

"How are you feeling?"

I looked up to see Carson by the doorway with one of those hospital masks on. I simply rolled my eyes. "Worse, if it's possible."

"I'm sorry."

"I don't get how I could get so sick!"

"Here, I brought some cold medicine."

"I don't want to take that stuff! It makes me all loopy!"

"That's why I chose this stuff." He said laughing. I crossed my arms and pursed my lips. "I'm kidding. It was all we had in the cabinet. Just take it so you can get better."

"Carson!" I complained. "I don't want to!"

"Gracie May! Please! It's good for you. Don't you want to get better?"

I pouted. "Fine." I mumbled quietly.

He walked over and spooned out some of the obnoxious liquid. "Open up." He said sternly. I looked at the offending crap nervously then barely opened my mouth. "Wider." He said glaring.

I finally complied and swallowed it all. I started gagging and being a histrionic maniac.

Carson just laughed at me. "Well, at least you took it."

"Shut up." I murmured.

He laughed. "Okay, well I was going to take you and Mariah to the park today, but it looks like you can't go, so I'm really sorry to do this to you, but I have to go for a little bit because we already told her we were going to go."

"Alright, that's fine."

"I hope you feel better by the time I get back."

"Me too."

He pulled off the mask and kissed my forehead then left.

I hate getting sick! At least it's not as bad as the last time when I passed out and had to be taken to the hospital. Although it did have some wondrous repercussions. I got the man of my dreams.

I made my way downstairs and sat on the couch with a blanket around me watching TV.

Rick was nice enough to come in and check on me every once in a while. Carson and I were still a little pissed at him, but we were slowly mending the relationship.

Keith left around one to go to Mimi's house, about an hour and a half after Carson and Mariah. Keith and Mimi now have this weird friends with benefits thing going on. Kind of creeping me out, but if I don't delve too much into it I can keep my meal down.

Matt left some time later for no apparent reason. He never does have one.

Sasha is just as lonely and bitter as ever. You know, she's really not that bad looking, I don't know why she doesn't just improve her thorny personality, I bet she could get a lot of guys. I mean I have a thorny personality too, but I work it. She doesn't.

I had a tissue box next to me and kept sniffling and blowing my nose. This sucks. I'm sick at my boyfriends house, how sad is that?!

After a little while Renee and Rick left. They needed to go shopping. I said bye and continued staring at the picture box with a blank look. The only time I really moved was to grab a tissue and blow my stuffed nose.

I saw Sasha on her way out of the house and turned. "Where are you going?"

"For a walk. Is that a problem?" She sneered.