Chapt. 10

Ella's POV

After Damien beat the living daylights out of Ryan, we left him to rot there and went back home.

We walked home in silence, none of us uttering a word.

What do I do?

If I tell the cops, they would probably do nothing because of his connections.

But if I stay quiet, he might try assaulting me again.

This is so confusing, I wish my parents were here to help me.

Dad's gone. Mom can't stand looking at us.

And I have to keep these stuff to myself so no one gets in trouble.

But if I get in trouble, everyone else will too.

"What was that about?" Damien asks.

"Huh? Oh, nothing. He just wanted to get back together." I shrugged.

"Don't lie to me. I'm not that stupid." He says.

"I don't know about that." I smirked.

He scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"Spill. I know something happened last year." He says and I bit my lip.

"If I tell you, will you promise not to tell anyone?" I ask and he nods.

I sighed, looking down as we kept walking but slower.

"Ryan...he was toxic. Our relationship was toxic. At first, I didn't realise it. Until one day he...he hit me. I tried breaking up with him but...that didn't end well. He forced...Ryan...he..." I couldn't finish that sentence. It was as if someone was strangling me making me choke down my words.

"He forced himself on you?" He said calmly but his body language said anything but that.

I nod slowly.

"I was able to defend myself that time. He threatened every living fibre in my body when I wanted to break up with him and so I gave up. I kept quiet about it, afraid I'll lose someone else because of him." I say, shutting my eyes as I stop walking. I know what I was gonna say next will bring back horrible memories.

"My dad knew. I told him and he was gonna tell the cops but Ryan beat him to it." I held back the tears. "He was drunk when he hit our car. He was infuriated with what I have done and he ran us over with a truck. He wasn't arrested because they could cover up his tracks. He was a well connected man. He could cover up almost anything." I started breathing hard.

"I...It was my fault. If I had just shut my mouth...he would still be here." I sobbed and broke down at the street.

I crouched down and covered my face.

"Ella..." He started but I stopped him.

"It didn't end there." I say. "Before my dad died, he had a few personal investigators with him. They found him guilty for everything...and put him in the mental institution after he tried raping me again."

I felt his arms engulf me as I started pathetically crying again.

"Let it all out, Ellie. Just cry your feelings. All your pent up anger, pain and even happiness. Let it all out."

-•-

As I got ready for school, I thought about my mom and how long it's been since I last saw her.

I think it was about a month ago but I saw her for about a day only.

I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts and put on my clothes.

It's just a black Champion t-shirt tucked in blue washed denim jeans

I hurried up and finish getting ready for school.

-•-

As I was walking to the cafeteria, someone grabbed my by my waist and pushed me to the lockers, making me wince in pain.

"Hello, my love." He smirks.

I grit my teeth seeing his ugly face.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Why, I go to school here." He says, smugly.

My heart sank faster than Jack did when Rose pushed him away.

"Let go of me!" I struggle against him.

"Why would I do that?" He smirks.

"Because I say so." I huffed.

He grabs my chin roughly and pulled me closer to his face.

"I let you free for a moment and now you think you're better than me?" He whispers. "You are wrong. Very wrong."

He forces his lips on mine, roughly when I tried pushing him away.

No.

No!

-•-