Teenage (6.12)

PoV- Renessme

Now that I was finally in dry and warm clothes, the boys had settled a little. Once the four left, I couldn't help but snuggle further into Mason's warmth. He somehow like the rest made me feel at home, and safe.

When my mind replayed what happened at the cliff, I involuntarily shivered, causing Mace to tighten his hold on me, he said "Esme, should I ask for them to get you a heater? It'll help, the room is chilly."

Relaxing in his embrace, the words I said muffled since it was against his chest, "Nope, not when I have you. I need nothing else."

Kissing me on my head, it wasn't hard to miss his soft tone, I felt like he was content, "Good, I won't have it any other way."

Placing my ear right on his beating heart, I felt calm, mumbling a lazy "Hmm" in response, while hugging home closer to me.

After a couple of minutes of silence, he became rigid under me, his breathing heavy, I knew what he was about to say even before he said it, "Renessme, I... you scared the crap out of me, of all of us. Today was the first time we understood the meaning of fear, none of liked it one bit."

Mace was dead serious, that wasn't hard to miss, yet the way he said those words were as if he was explaining a child, looking directly in his eye, "Sorry, it wasn't my intention, I swear."

Nodding down at me, he kisses my forehead now, a baritone higher than usual, he commands, "Explain to me, why you would do that, something so reckless."

Reluctantly shifting away from his hold, I utter lightly, "I will later, alright? First, go and check up on your brothers, okay? I'm all warmed up, and better."

Whining hearing those words, he drags himself closer to my body, nuzzling in the crook of my shoulder, "Nope, I'd rather stay here with my Esme."

Pecking him on his cheek first, and then attempting to push him off of the bed with all my might, grunting, "Leave already, Mace. Aunt Rose called for all her sons, you included. So buzz off."

He pouts hearing my words, "But.."

Using the strength of my leg, I kick his butt hard so he falls of the bed, while screaming, "Out Mason"

Laughing at my failed attempts to get him up, using his shoulders he wiggles up to where I was, "Babygirl, fine. But don't step out of the bed, I'm serious."

Giving him a sharp look, at the obnoxious demand he just made, poking his chest, "What? Why the hell not? No, I'll be bored so I won't listen to you."

Shrugging he lays on his stomach now, covering us both with the duvet, "Cool, I was hunting for reason to not go, you gave me one. I knew you'd never let me go Babygirl."

I was about to give him a piece of my mid, but the knock on the door stopped me.

Groaning Mason shouts in annoyance, "Wait!" Taking a look around he picks up his shorts, and finally slips it on.

"Come in" I say.

Soon Ophelia enters the room, and my stomach growls smelling the soup in her hand.

Mason moves briskly toward her, mutters a quick "Thank you for this, you can leave now." Walking to where I was laying down, he sits beside me ready to feed.

Before she could turn and leave, "Ophelia, could you do me a favour and take out a hard disk on the top shelf over there, and connect it to the television please?"