Prologue

There wasn't anything special about the quiet little po-dunk town hidden near the Rocky Mountains. It was mostly dirt roads and farmland. Some houses were accumulated throughout the roads winding through town. There were two small hardware stores. One was located on the only road leading out of town, and the other was inside the main square. Both were run by local families. In fact, everything in the town was run by the locals. You would never see a business such as Starbucks or McDonald's. There was a coffee shop though. There was a flower shop next to one of the two mom and pop diners that fought for business. The grocery store was next to the hardware in the main square. There was a library, ice cream shop, a arcade for the kids (if the town had any that is), and movie shop. A few more essential businesses had needed building throughout the town square. Any tourist that might happen by would almost for a second think it was a Amish town. The overly large house on the very outskirts of town could be seen from the center of town, barely obscured by the trees it tried to hide behind. It was clearly not, but it was damn near a ghost town if it weren't for the small population of a little more than three hundred people.

Nothing was horribly out of date. The villagers made sure to keep up on the buildings except for a few spots with rust or ivy growing up the buildings. Even though the town was very small the people made it seem less so. Mrs. Lanthrope would hold weekly gatherings at the town hall to get some socializing in ever since her husband died. Mrs. Troy would bake her famous apple pie using the apples from her very orchard ever year for her neighbors. Mr. Troy would fix the fences around town for anyone who needed it. Mrs. Travis, who owned the flower shop, would hold a book club at her house every month. Fallon would help Mrs. Travis with her garden anytime the old woman asked. Mr. Dane was always trying to host sport events anytime he could get away from his diner. Wendell Day would play the piano at the old bar in the town for free. Wendell could have made it big as a pianist had it not been for the 'accident' that happened when William Shaw had slammed Wendell's hand in one of the school doors. Two of his fingers had been broken. Three hundred people were constantly bustling about, helping people around town without a second thought. All of it would be like a damn musical if the town would randomly break into song.

While it was true that there was nothing special about the town itself, if one would wait around long enough and just observe, one would see what made this truly ordinary town so special. Waiting in the dark of night like an owl perched on a tree, one would see the blood curdling truth. The sweet helpful people in the town, these people are really something else entirely. These otherworldly killing machines. This town, so simple and backwoods, held things never meant to be real. Things that go bump in the night really do exist. There was not anything romantic about it. At least not to the humans that might wander in to be escorted right back out. Not unlike humans though, there was a law to these creatures. There was order and sophistication that held them in place. If you know anything about wolves, it's that the pack is law. The pack is what they live and die for.

Note: 

All comments are welcome. Please note that this story might take some time to update, but I'm working on it all the time. Please do not copy my work! Thank you all so much and enjoy. I will not be putting in notes all that often as I want the story to flow nicely together.