Chapter 31: Television/ so Far so Good

'I need insurance on my emotions, I can't get hurt again, Fuck the past fuck them they all make me sad'

"This is exactly why I wouldn't let anyone turn the television on! Look at you, Lilianna! You're obsessed. You can't stop watching the news!" Terrence yelled at her.

"I want to know what they're saying! Can you really blame me? I mean, they are talking about my disappearance. I deserve to know if they think I'm still breathing or not." Lilianna retorted, gripping the remote in her hands.

"This is unhealthy by now," Terrence warned.

"Yeah well, you have no one to blame but yourself." She snorted.

"Can you at least mute it so it's not driving me fucking nuts? You're not the only one on the news, you know. They're spewing the same amount of shit about me on the daily as they do about your whereabouts." He suggested, reaching for the remote in her grasp. She automatically shifted her body away from him.

"No!" She snapped.

"Lilianna, I'm not playing around." He growled.

"Oh, and you think I am? That's fucking rich!" The blonde laughed dryly.

"You swear at me one time and suddenly you think you're little miss tough, huh?" He snickered, eyes trained on the remote.

"Correction, I swear at you and you actually listen to me. It's a move out of tactical brilliance, not ego." Lilianna rolled my eyes. "But it's not like you would understand anything about that since you're so thick-skulled."

"What is with you and insulting my intellectual abilities?" He huffed.

"You just make it so easy for me to do." She shrugged with a smug grin.

"You little shit, give me that remote!" He gasped, reaching for her.

"NO!" She screamed, standing up and sprinting around the sofa.

"Lilianna, I am gonna say this once-"

"Fuck you."

"Oh, now you're gonna get it!" He yelled as she sprinted out of the living room. Lilianna ran up the stairs, his footsteps close behind.

"Otis! Help me!" She screamed, running straight into his room and diving behind his bed. The girl snuggled up next to the bed frame and held her breath.

"Lilianna, what the hell-" He started.

"Where is she?" Terrence cut him off, entering the room.

"Behind the bed, why?" Otis ratted her out immediately.

"You little snitch!" She gasped, peeking at him from the hiding spot.

"Was I not supposed to say that?" He asked.

"Duh."

"Oh, sorry." He smiled sheepishly.

"Lilianna, give me the remote," Terrence warned, his voice calm with his hand outstretched.

"Uh, no."

"I'm not going to argue about this with you."

"Well, I'm not going to give it to you!"

"Why?"

"Because I'm an independent chicken nugget, and I don't need to listen to no man!" She sassed, crossing her arms and flipping her hair over one shoulder.

"Someone is very sassy today." Otis snickered.

"Just being me since there's no other choice!" She hinted.