Chapter 5

Thank XsweettoothX for this update. She reminded me that it has been a while since I worked on this story. 

Emma

Recap

The Beta turns at me and smiles the tiniest bit at my action.

He comments, "Alpha King should be here in a couple seconds." As predicted, a very furious Alec comes storming down the hall. As he spots me, he speeds up.

I wave my hand and say, "Hi!"

The Beta looks at me like an idiot. I don't know what to say to mad, possessive, powerful wolves. I am better at enraging them than anything.

What to do?

Recap over

Before I could chose what to do, Alec is in front of me. His eyes are gold, a clear sign that his wolf is in control. Not good for me, he better not try and mark me! Alec wraps his arms around me and holds me close. His face is in the crook of my neck where he inhales my scent like the sweetest drug he's smelled. 

I'm not stupid. I know that his wolf wants to assure himself that I am still here and rub hos own scent all over me, a clear sign to fuck off. He hadn't done that before which is why Stuffy Man had thought I was simply a common whore. I try to detach myself from my mate, but he growls, displeased at my efforts. I look up at the watching Beta and ask him with my eyes what to do. 

He mouths, "Calm him down."

I shrug and mouth back, "How?"

Turns out, my scent alone let Alec regain a semblance of control. It was confirmed when I could feel him detaching himself a little from me. Of course, he didn't let me go, but enough so he would be able to look at his Beta.

Alec questioned him, "Axel, Why was my mate here?"

Axel bears his neck to Alec in submission, "I found her here surrounded by two guards and Troy."

So, Troy was the name of Stuffy Man. It looks like the guards and Troy are going to die soon if Alec's shaking is any indication. He is probably struggling to control his wolf who is revolting at the idea of me being surrounded by three unmated males.

Alec's voice is deeper when he speaks, "Why?"

Axel with his eyes still on the floor replies, "I have no idea. But Troy was referring to your mate with some choice words."

Alec growled, "What choices words exactly?"

 Axel informs him, "He thought that she was one of your common whores." 

Alec starts to lose control, but I interrupt, "Does this mean you have slept around, mate?"

Suddenly, the mood of the room changes. Alec starts to panic at the thought of pissing me off. He stops thinking about what Troy said. What I wanted to happen exactly! I am still a fucking virgin for the record. I have had my first kiss and messed around with some guys. 

Give me a break, I am a 22 year old woman who is allowed to experience things! Either way, it seems that my mate has gone quite farther with other women, so it shouldn't matter. 

Alec is blabbering, "I haven't . . . I mean, it's just . . . but . . ."

Axel chuckles, "I haven't seen him this speechless for a while."

As Alec continues to make excuses, I turn to Axel, "How many women has he slept with? Will I have a jealous ex try to kill me?"

Axel rubs the back of his neck nervously, "There was that one woman who he nearly mated with."