Chapter 5

Damien Blackwood. Owner of Saints and Sinners; millionaire and top bachelor. Scary as fuck and charming like a prince. Any women would fall under his spell.

"Daniel will still be in charge, but I am the real boss..."

"Why do all of them have to be so hot?" Zara whispers to me

"Focus Zara. They don't seem nice..."

"Miss Night, is there something you would like to say?" Mister Blackwood was looking right at me. Everyone was looking at me. All thanks to Zara and her mouth.

"No. I'm sorry."

"As I was saying, these are my guys. Nick," I remember each one from the previous night; this Nick was the big muscle guy, "Xander and Zachary," the two were the criminal looking, "and Sebastian," the golden boy.

"They are my right hand men. If they see something, they come to me. Now, we open in ten minutes. I'll make my way to everyone to check in, for now dismissed." The staff breaks apart in groups, talking amongst themselves.

"Miss Night, come with me." Mister Blackwood calls after me. He leaves and ushers me to follow him into his office.

"Great."

"It's not that bad. He's hot." Zara says

"Really? He looks like he could kill me. He is going to kill me."

"Calm down Kat."

"I'll see you in the afterlife." I walk away from her and follow the direction of Mister Blackwood.

In the back of the club stood the bosses office. It was huge and very fancy.

I knock on the door and wait to be let in. A low 'Come in' allows me to enter the office. I feel like I've been here before. It looked really familiar. I couldn't place my finger on it.

With that feeling in place, the new mark on my skin burns. Same thing happened outside the club. What is this thing? And how do I remove it?

The men were gathered around Mister Blackwood's desk. Where he was seated behind it. When I enter, their heads turn to face me.

"Leave." His men nod then exit through the door behind me.

"Miss Night...can I call you Katarina?"

"Sure."

"Take a seat, Katarina." I sat down in a chair facing him. He was towering over me; great way to intimidate people.

"Look, I'm sorry I came late. I-I woke up late."

"You were sleeping?"

"Yep. A little nap."

"I'm not mad that you came late."

"Then why am I here?"

"I just wanted to talk."

"Seriously?"

"Isn't that what people do when they are attracted to someone?"

What the fuck?

He certainly caught me off guard. I was expecting to get more work or even get fired. Not a little getting to know each other.

"W-What?"

"I'm interested in you." He was super straight forward. He wasn't like most men; I knew that from the very beginning.

"I don't want to date anyone right now." Or like ever. I'm just going to grow in age and live until the end of days with my cats.

I quickly get up from my chair and rush to the door. Before I could open it, the door slams shut. His hand was pressed against the door, making sure I couldn't leave.

My face presses against the door; away from him. I could feel this pull towards him; that was no lie. I didn't know exactly what it was. Lust and attraction?

I couldn't though. I can't allow myself to fall for anyone. There are so many complications to love. I would out live them. They would find out that I'm a witch; my deep dark secret. I can't do that to them or myself.

"I have to get back to work." I speak into the door.

"Don't lie to yourself Katarina," he completely ignores me and goes on about 'us', "You're attracted to me, like how I am to you." I turn to face him. My back pressing against the wood door.

"You're going to have to try harder then this to get me to go out with you." He removes his hand from the door. I open the door while staring daggers at the man.

"I'll wear you down eventually, Katarina." Mister Blackwood calls as I leave.

Throughout the night, as I serve drinks to the drunk costumers. The Blackwood man would stare at me. Lust in his eyes and a smirk on his face. He sat in the VIP booth with all his friends. His eyes never left mine, all the while his friends took some glances.

What the hell am I? Some type of god to them?

I only had one hour to go before I could go to bed after a crazy as hell two days. Zara was back to her normal way of smoking under the bar. The staring wasn't getting any better.

"Screw it. I'm going home."

"You sure you wanna do that?"

"I don't care what the boss says. I'm pretty sure he won't do a thing about it." I wash my hands before leaving the bar.

"You wild bitch!" Zara screams at me as I exit the club.

It was already midnight now. I just wanted to get home and curl up with Salem. I walk down the alley; back to where I appeared the last time. With a snap of my fingers, I'm back in my living room.

Salem's head pops up from the couch. Happy to see me, she jumps off the couch and brushes herself against my legs.

"I missed you too." I pick her up in my arms and rub her head. I take notice of the mark on my wrist once again. It looks like a scar; so many questions.

"Don't worry Salem. I will figure out what's going on very soon."

The memory of that man, who looks exactly like Mister Blackwood. The scar on my hand. The missing night at the club.

There was something going on I didn't know of. I thought I was the only mystery here.

There was something going on in New York. Something dark.

Hope you enjoy Sinners