00:05

angel
1:05  ───|────── 2:53
|◁              II             ▷|
                          ∞            ↺

"things will get better "
••
"it started when i was 15 years old, my mother and father had just gotten a divorce about a month and half before. i lived with my father, who had a well paying job so we didn't have to worry about bills or groceries."

"it was probably, the beginning of january when my father decided that he didn't want to take care of me, he thought i was old enough to take care of myself, which i was but i didn't know how. i didn't know how to pay an electric bill, or how i would survive without someone to teach me how."

"so one day, i had just gotten home from school and i saw that my fathers car was gone, he was usually home by that time but i thought he was just running late or he had to stay back and work a few hours longer than he usually did."

"when i walked inside the house, it seemed weird. like...i can't really explain it, i just felt weird. so i brushed the feeling off, thinking that it was nothing.

"i walked into the kitchen, to grab a small snack. and sitting on the counter i saw a yellow envelope and a piece of paper. i grabbed the paper and carefully read over it."

"i remember it saying "you are a man now, you don't need me anymore. take this money, go to the address on the back of this paper, that will be your new home. you must be gone by tuesday of next month for i have already sold the house. " i was so angry at him, at myself, and at everyone else."

"so i did what the paper told me to do, i packed up my stuff and left. when i moved in, i realized that the money he gave me would only last for about 6 to 8 months at the most, so i told myself i needed a job."

"that week, i went to several different jobs, in search of one that would hire me, but i didn't have much luck. that same night of hours of job searching, i met seokjin."

"he was a 22 year old man, who did bad things for good money. he's the one who taught me how to live, how to pay a bill, how rob people and how to kill people. so i would say to myself that seokjin is the father figure i needed in life."

"from that point on, i've always told myself that things will get better. that i should just forget about the man who left me and focus on the people i have now in my life, the people i know who cares about me."