Chapter 14- The Contract

I was in my room, listening to music and actually doing homework from class earlier in the day when I heard a knock on the front door. My parents were still at work so I went down the hall and opened it.

Alarik pushed the door to the side and stepped through, and into my house.

"What the heck are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I came to finish our business from the other day," he said with a smirk.

"Okay, but why are you at my house? You're my teacher now, this isn't exactly apropriate."

"But I'm your mate."

"Yeah, not everyone knows that."

"Doesn't matter," he waved dismissively as he walked past and down the hall. What the heck was he doing? I heard him enter my room and I chased after him.

"Oh no, get out of here," I shouted at him.

There was no way I was having Alarik and his poisonous touch anywhere near my room.

"Relax, Allison," he said leaning against my dresser.

I crossed my arms and glared at him.

"What do you want?"

He pulled a folded set of papers out of his coat pocket, tapping them in his hand as he held my gaze.

"I want you to sign these."

He walked toward me and I yanked the papers out of his hand, careful not to touch him. I unfolded them, taking in the legal looking document.

"What is this?" I asked looking at the small stack of papers in confusion.

"It's a contract," Alarik responded, shrugging.

"A contract?" I looked at him in disbelief. What in the world did he want me to sign a contract for?

The smirk returned as he took in my confused state. "Well, you said you were going to actually give me my shot. And as we both know, it wasn't the first time you've said that. I just wanted to make it a little clearer this time that you will be giving it to me." His gaze darkened.

I just stared at him in disbelief. He wanted me to sign papers stating that I would give him a chance before I decided one way or another if I was going to accept him.

"Basically," he said as he walked a circle around me. "It states that you aren't allowed to reject me before eight weeks have passed since the signing of the document."

My jaw dropped. He was actually serious. He wanted eight weeks, two months, before I decided if I was going to reject or accept him.

"So I can't make up my mind for two months," I said as I stared at the papers.

"You can make up your mind, you just can't reject me."

"Isn't my word good enough for you?"

"Normally it would be, but you've already gone back on that before, and people are so fickle. All you have to do is sign the papers. If you were already going to give me the chance you say you were going to, then what's the problem in just making it legal?"

He did have a slight point. I was going to give him a chance, I had made my decision to. He was just giving me a time frame before I could make it official. It wasn't like it would hurt anything if I gave him two months.

Alarik stepped back in front of me holding out a pen. I took it in my hand, feeling the cold metal on my skin, sending a chill through me.

I was trying to find Alarik's end game in all of this. Was this really just so he had the security in knowing I was giving him a chance? Or was this for some other reason?

I walked over to the dresser, leaning over the paper as I looked the forms over. I reluctantly put the tip of the pen to the paper. I felt Alarik hover over me, leaning down, nearly touching me as he watched.

I signed my name on the line, before putting my initial on the first and second page. I flipped to the third page glancing over it as I pressed the pen to the line. Alarik spoke up again in my slight moment of pause.

"This just states the... repercussions if you happen to break the contract."

My body went rigid. He was implementing something in the case I went back and rejected him before the two months were up. I was scared to know what the consequences would be. If it weren't for the fact that I needed to know what would happen, I may have just completely ignored the last page. I shuddered to think what Alarik could implement if I happened to break the agreement.

I felt him lean in closer as his lips found my neck. "If you don't give me my two months then you will have two options. To give yourself over to me, or be labeled as a rogue. You will be cut off from your entire family as well as your friends. Packs won't even look twice at you. You will be forced to live on your own, never meeting another soul. Eventually, yours will darken."

His words sent a chill straight to my bones and they didn't match the softness in his voice, the softness of his warm lips against my skin. He had carefully neglected to tell me of these repercussions until I had already signed all but my final signature.

The pen dropped from my hand and onto the dresser.

"Sign it Allison, just finish it." He whispered, his lips still pressed against my neck. The simple contact trying to blur my thoughts.

"No," I said, sounding much stronger than I actually was in that moment. I turned around looking into his dark eyes as he pressed closer to me. I swallowed hard and bit the inside of my lip. "I'm not signing over my body, mind, or soul to anyone. Why would I ever give you that sort of power?" I asked looking at him disgusted.

"Sign the papers," Alarik said, his voice deeper as he pinned my lower body against the dresser. "What's the harm unless you plan to reject me before the two months are up? You're a strong girl. I know you can hold out if that's what you have in mind. Who knows, I may even rub off on you," he said as his hands touched my bare side.

Just put up with him for two months, that's all I had to do. If he keeps touching me like this, putting up with him won't be that difficult, I thought to myself. I immediately cursed myself for the thought. I could not be thinking this about Alarik. Not with all the blood and damage he had on his hands, not when he thought he was so much better than the rest of us.

But his touch felt so good on my skin.

Two months, that was all. Two months. Just sign the papers and he'd leave. I kept reciting the words over and over. If I just wrote my name on the damn last sheet of paper then he would get out of my room and out of my house.

I drew in a shaky breath and reached behind me, grabbing the pen. Alarik smirked and backed up just slightly, allowing me to turn back around. I pressed the pen to the paper again closing my eyes as I signed my name one last time.

Alarik took the pen out of my hand, grabbed the contract up, folding it before sliding it back in his jacket.

"Thank you, darling," Alarik said with a smile before turning to leave. "I'll see you tomorrow night at seven," he said before walking down the hall.

"What's tomorrow at seven?" I called after him.

"Our date."

"Our what?" I asked as the front door closed behind him. Did he really just say that we were going on a date?

****************

What the heck?!? He made her sign a CONTRACT to give him a chance??? What in the world. Not just that, but it's one that she probably won't want to break with those consequences. O_O

Tell me your thoughts below!!

Remember, Vote, Comment, Fan. <3