FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. tom from accounting !

— THE REST OF THE DAY WAS UNEVENTFUL

THE REST OF THE DAY WAS UNEVENTFUL. Tony enjoyed a wonderful class with two wondrous female Cullens, and then Alice dragged him away to biology where his eyes were once again blessed by Jasper.

Then, before he knew it, Tony was striding towards Bella's sad excuse for a truck.

Noticing Isabella was already in the driver's seat, Tony wrenched open the door with a little difficulty and ditched his bag on the floor along with his oxygen tank. Huffing slightly, he tugged himself up into the vehicle and slammed the door.

"Isabella." He greeted in a condescending tone, staring out the windshield at the dark pavement of the parking lot which was soaked from rain.

"Anthony." Bella addressed as a warning statement. The girl waited until Anthony had put on his seatbelt before allowing the engine to roar to life, backing out of the parking space.

"We're meeting Charlie at the Carver Cafe for dinner." Bella stated, wringing her hands along the wheel.

"Not surprised." Tony muttered, referencing to their father's eating habits. The awkward silence in the truck was unimaginable, until Tony spoke up again.

"You know it wouldn't kill you to call him 'dad'"

Isabella proceeded to do that odd head tilt, stutter thing that she did when she was caught off guard and was trying to come up with a reply.

"I know- It's just... It's just weird, I don't know."

"How is it weird, he's our father." Anthony scoffed, rolling his eyes and aiming his gaze at the passing trees.

"He's never been there for us, Tony!" Bella snapped, slamming her hands against the wheel. Anthony almost asked her to pull over so she didn't crash the truck, because knowing his sister, a car accident would be a kind of thing she'd pull.

"Dad has always been there for us, Isabella, always! He never once turned us away when we needed help, everytime I asked him to come down to Phoenix to visit me in the hospital, he came- despite how much he hates Phil!" Anthony yelled, defending his father. "You need to get your head out of your ass and realize he's the only one that's always there for us, no matter what."

"You're wrong." Bella denied shakily. "Mom-"

"The only reason you think of Renée as your number one is because she rejected every one of your requests to see Dad when you were young. She conditioned you to think Dad was the bad guy." Anthony got quieter and quieter with each word. "She walked out on him remember."

Now the tension in the air could have been cut with a knife, but it didn't last long before they pulled up into the parking lot of their destination.