A mad dash for an escape

My heart was racing, chest-pounding in fear of being caught, one step, two steps GO!

I made a mad dash out of the palace noting a couple of guards had been slack on their duties when I had first arrived so I knew what corners to round as my nails clacked while I ran echoing through the pillars lining the golden flashing walls. At first, the sight would have made me ill-being back here in this place of all places to be in.

But now my mind was set, get out, grab snow, get back home, and.. and... well the rest is still a work in progress. I dashed through the familiar green scenery of forest in Asgard as I neared the back deeper half of it I came to a halt.

I had managed to sneak out of Loki's room while he rested on the other piece of furniture. Of course, I felt a tug of guilt when I peered over the edge to check how in-depth of sleep he was in and unconsciously tucked a strand of his dark hair back around his ear that had fallen over his pale cheek. I fought the urge to turn back. I need to go. 

(A/N heads up! there will be gore/angst and lots of gifs! I have been collecting a tone and yes these are from twilight the animation is outstanding so I'm borrowing them I don't own em)

My brown-furred ears twitched at the sound of a twig snap while I stood near the place I could remember I saw her in the dark forest, "finally" I heard Snow groan as she came through a few trees into view "come on then" We dashed back through the wood line out the way I came as she followed behind me keeping my pace as we brushed past shrubbery and our paws pounded on the dirt ground.

We huffed and panted as we hit piles of dirt surrounding the trees deeply implanted in it, the air flushing through both of our furred bodies giving a longing feeling of freedom, a desire we had both needed closure to

"what of your new husband? perfect mate?" she prodded while we ran "shut up" I grunted as we darted past more trees. 

I hated how she talked of him, thankfully she hadn't known what he looked like or she would be after him, having his head on a platter. The thought made my stomach twist in disgust which was awfully rare considering I was prepared to kill anyone that got in my way of things. 

I was just determined not to let him get in my way this time. "don't tell me you actually felt something for an Asgardian" she pressed and my thoughts were jumbled, did I? had I? could I have?, I nearly ran full-on into a tree because these thoughts came in full blows. 

I quickly filled the tense silence "I could never" I barked, knowing very well she sensed the lie "Megan they cast us out! we did nothing to them they felt intimidated and threw us out into a barren wasteland filled with others like us!" she yelled but blocked her out. 

We eventually made it to the edge back into a village, it was quiet all except for the occasional stumbling drunk idiot and muffled shouting coming from in the homes of Asiers. 

We both shifted and I had changed into brown leather pants, top, and a breastplate I fetched from the training grounds on the way out where I happened to pass on the way out of the palace.

I also nabbed a coat that was all black with a hood I asked Freya to make on request a while ago, I'd hidden it in Lokis cupboard. I looked over at Snow to see she wore our kinds of clothing and it was admittedly very barren compared to what I had now grown accustomed to. 

I grimaced at the thought of me looking that worn when I first showed here, I must have looked like a wreck in front of everyone. "what?" she snarled as I had been staring too long "we need other clothes for you" she raised an eyebrow eyeing me "seems like the royals have been treating you well" she remarked snarkily. 

I scoffed a low growl rumbling to my throat, "don't start" I sneered angrily, I quickly peeked my head out of an alleyway and glanced around. No one was in sight so I grabbed a cloak I saw hanging up on a line likely for drying purposes. It was brown but big enough. I tossed it to her as she put it on wrapping herself in it. 

We quickly darted across the dirt and gravel mixed road in between a variety of marble and stone houses avoiding watching eyes. Somehow we both managed to find ourselves sprinting down the bi frost. We had nocked both of the front guards out cold silently, and by out cold I meant snapping their necks. 

the palace was definitely wearing off on me as we walked away from the bodies I muttered a "sorry" stepping over the heavily armored guard. 

We both shifted at that point darting down the rainbow-colored bridge nearing the golden dome at the edge. All that could be heard in the silent night was a small clash of pots or pans from the village, our nails tapping against the hum of the rainbow bridge and our heavy pants of air as we ran. Eventually, we slowed to a halt shifting again and walking up to the man known as Heimdall.

Snow's white tinged hair just peeking out under the edge of the cloak "I have been expecting you both" Heimdall informed us looking out into the galaxy before him then back to us. "You have?" Snow blurted out shocked I nudged her arm "he sees 10 trillion souls you idiot" I hissed lowly and he chuckled catching us both off guard.

"your father expects you Megan and your mother awaits you, Maya," Turning to face us his hands planted on a golden sword stuck in a middle uplift of steps before us. I sighed "will you let us through?" I asked almost pleading, "yes" he confessed and our eyes widened as we looked to one another "if you do not stop this war and kill the vampires you seek to I see that they will come for Asgard" he commented regally a deep tone of voice bouncing off of the golden walls that had large gears placed upon them. 

His golden eyes glinted in the faint glow of the bridge as mine did, or I could only assume so as our eyes matched in color "thank you" Snow breathed out.

 "do not thank me, there is no time, you must leave at once" We both nodded in response he lifted the sword "wait! how are things so far?" I blurted out eager to know "your pack has mourned you both, they do not expect your return and have tried to focus on the war ahead," he responded and I sighed looking away. They did think us dead. 

"Alright, we are ready," Snow piped up standing stiffly next to me. I quickly walked with snow toward the front of the dome that held the galaxy view, I looked back at him and while Snow was distracted I quietly twisted around and mouthed "if I wish to return, how can I do so?"  he smiled. "simply call my name but be aware for Odin" his voice sounded in my head and I nodded curtly.

"Thank you" I muttered hurrying back down the steps next to Snow, we heard the sword slide into place behind us both of our sets of ears pinning back slightly at the sound. "be warned, if you wish to return and by doing so your return threatens the safety of Asgard the bi frost will remain closed" He concluded and I tensed as Snow chuckled. 

"oh we won't be returning anytime soon" she chirped grinning looking onward I bit back my sigh and looked straight forward as the dome spun around us whirling as electric sparks lit up inside.

In an instant, a whirl of colors pulled us both forward into a whirl of shining rainbow shades as the speed made our stomachs drop and teeth clench as well as our eyes. It felt like an out of body experience as we were whirled at extreme speeds through different worlds and by gods I don't think I could ever get used to the feeling.