CHAPTER 13 - ACQUAINTANCES

Elizabeth's POV...

"Okay so that's it! He left without even giving me prior notice. Am I really here as his personal assistant or what?"

When I entered my office this morning I saw a note pad on my table. As usual, his handsome penmanship caught me. But what?! He will be out of the country without specifically telling me for how many days even if he knows that I will be the one responsible for everything he will be leaving here. He could have had informed me days ago if he's generous enough to give importance to the existence of his personal assistant. For the sake of his well-being that he chose to avoid seeing my face, he could have had managed to tell me in different ways and in appropriate timing instead of acting as if we're running around with a masked aversion and then choose to surprise me at the last minute. Who is doing the miscommunication here? I don't remember leaving the premises so early yesterday afternoon. It was him who was unreachable. He wasn't here all day.

Honestly, the moment I set foot in this building, I don't feel comfortable but I stubbornly chose to continue pushing myself forward to fit in this environment hoping one day everything will fall to places. But making steer clear of my presence is a see-through goal I certainly perceived in him and his periodic absence is a clean proof of his disapproval of me. Of course, I wasn't his choice.

After the meeting yesterday I heard nothing from him. He didn't even bother to ask a coffee or bring him some files or command me to take a list of some important matters. Did I really piss him off? Whoah, great! Then I guess I have created an impact against his arrogance. Sorry but I have to let him know that I can't just sit back and allow him to scare me. He can't intimidate my spirit by showing me rough manner and making me feel like I am not good enough. He doesn't know anything about me and I don't care if he doesn't throw any interest in my personal life. It's a good thing he was affected of what I did to get even with his precision-freak attitude. Sometimes it needs a grim persistence to act out loud my pride as a woman and not let be bullied by the Greek-god man they were all talking about. He should be aware that he cannot have all women get swooned over him. If ever I'm wrong and he has the unrelenting power to have them all, then I am an exception.

My heart skipped upon discovering that I made the right move to retribute the arse. It was a small fulfillment I would claim to jump and rejoice. A sweet triumph against him. My contemplation over that matter was cut short when I heard several knocks at the door.

"Yes, come in please..."

"Hi beautiful flower. You must be Miss Elizabeth Hemmington. I am Lorenz, your boss' gorgeous cousin."

I looked up at him and couldn't stop myself from studying his eminent stature. He looked cute in his corporate suit though there was an evident cynosure of all his admirable features, a mixture of opulence and suave in his aura.

"Enjoying the view, sweety?"

He smirked playfully.

"Oh! Forgive me... it is rude to stare. I just came out wondering why your presence is new to my recognition."

"Yeah... that is because I am not working in this building. He didn't assign me here so that he could have all the graces of young nymphs like you by himself since he knew that I am a potential rival. Instead, I'm in the construction company of the Anderson's. I only happened to pass by to see if James is still here but apparently not so I take that we will meet directly at the airport."

"Yeah... he left, I guess a while ago. Thanks for this short notice!"

I said with sarcasm as I showed him the notepad James left in my table .

"Whoah! What an impolite bastard of a cousin I have! Did he really do that?"

"Well, obviously yes! And thank goodness! Very well said, huh."