30

LOUIS

By the time Louis gets back to his dorm, he's almost in hysterics. He's on the verge of tears and he isn't entirely sure why. All he knows is that he's so fucking confused and torn.

His original plans for this weekend were to get as much sleep as possible and to catch up on his work. Harry already successfully monopolized his entire Friday, and now his Saturday morning too. Now it feels as if the world is off-kilter and nothing is as it should be.

He does the only thing he can think of, which ends up being calling his mother. Louis hasn't visited her since the beginning of the semester, in August, but he's feeling like now there's nothing more he wants to do than go home and see her.

She knows immediately from the tone of his voice that something isn't right. Louis hasn't told her anything about how he soulmatched with someone. He's been keeping it a secret from as many people as possible, so ashamed about everything that happened. But now he feels the need to get it all off his chest. He just wants to tell someone about it, and to not have them reprimand him for running away from Harry time and time again. He needs someone who will listen and not judge him. He needs someone who understands.

"Come home, pet," she invites, because she knows exactly what Louis needs, even without him having to say anything. "Come home just for the weekend."

The drive is an hour long but he hardly cares. He packs a bag of essentials and leaves immediately.