Chapter One

Grabbing a handful of that milky caramel popcorn, I stuffed them in my mouth and received sharp glare from a girl who sat beside me. I chuckled "So ladylike, I know." shooting her a wink before she scoffed.

"Tell me again how can we know that he is our fated mate?" I asked with my mouth full. My focus now totally on her. Her face scrunched in disgust of my behavior.The brunette furrowed her brows. "This is weird. Why did U suddenly so interested in this mate thingy? Usually when I talk about how wonderful to have a mate your gag reflex switch automatically turned on right in that moment,"

I rolled my eyes. "Shoot!"

"Okay-okay. Jeez such a grumpy cat. Tiny one I might add," I hissed on her word. She chuckled. Hitting on pause button to Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone played on the screen before continue, "Well, I don't really know to explain it specifically but when I met him, my wolf instinct just knew that he is our mate," clasping her hand together on her chest, her eyes closed. My popcorn almost jumping out from my throat.

Again I rolled my eyes. "Just like that? When u sees him then your wolf goes berserk shouting he is our mate! He is our mate!!" making my voice higher and flapping my hand above my head. "like that?" she nodded while trying so hard to not laugh. "I am totally flabbergasted. What kind of cult is this? Totally bullshit I might add" huffing the hair from my face, again I grab a handful of the popcorn and shoved it in my mouth.

"Oh- oh, before I met him I smelt something," she add,slurped the ice coffee in her hand.

"Oh-oh,me too. I smell bullshit," I snorted when seeing her fuming face. I put my hand on air, surrendering. I'm not going to take any risk being slap by her hand. It sting so bad!

"What scent?" My eyebrow furrowed feeling a lil' bit impatient. "Like the smell of his armpit?" My laugh escaped when her slap stings on my arms. "Damn girl it hurts!" She laugh.

"Who ask you to act nonsense? It's not those kind of smell U fool. It's the most amazing scent I ever smelt. When I met Ian,he smelt something like woody scent mixed with berries," she said, again putting her clasping hand on her chest and eyes closing dreamily.

I sighed. Asking her does not do any benefit to me. "Well, it still sound kinda bullshit to me. Nothing can beat the smell of pizza," I reach those gorgeous slice ready to be devour on the table and chew it. Totally heaven!

"Say anything U want but once it's your time, I'm sure U can't stop yourself. It almost like a drug, pulling us to go straight to that person ," she shrugged her shoulder and also proceed to take a slice.

"So, to know whether that person is our fated mate, u will smell his armpit and feel something or maybe those smell pulling u to them?" 

"Not his armpit u fool!" once again her hand slap my arms. Oh my poor arm. My loud laugh boom in the small living room where we had our movie night "but, that sort of,the concept I mean. U got your birthday last week, but since U didn't find your mate in this pack meaning your mate might from outside pack. Worry not, U will know what I'm talking about once u meet him," 

" Alisha U know I don't want a mate. I wanna be a fashion designer, open my own boutique, be successful and that's final. Hang on another 6 years and i'm totally good to go," a smirked appeared on my lips. Fuck this mate rules. I gonna choose my own destiny.

"Good luck for u then. Remember next week is another big mate party and this year u need to go as u already 18 in two days," I sigh. Every year every pack will held a party giving opportunity for unmated wolves finding their mate and this year was our pack turn to be host for the ceremony and what suck more those who turn 18, the attendance is compulsory. They even got our name in list and if we don't go we will be punished in public . I don't understand why moon goddess were so eager being our matchmaker. Didn't she knew we are capable of falling in love naturally? Like really. I sigh and focused back to the screen where Alisha already unpaused the movie. I need plan, one that gonna succeed. Finger crossed, I'm positive my plan will work.