Chapter Two

I got about an hour before the party start but here I am, alone, on my bed munching on ham and cheese sandwich watching Tom & Jerry on the screen, baffling with my own feelings and emotions that pent up in my mind. I shouldn't take any shower right? So that my armpit smell will cover those ridiculous scent they talking about? But I need to smell good so I won't let any passenger on board got heart attack aren't I? Should I spray a my body with lots and lots of perfume?

"Urghhh!! Why there's no any spray that can cover a wolf's scent?" I lie down frustrated. I reached for the picture frame on the small table next to the bed. I smiled at a woman who was standing beside my 8-years-old self. "Mom, give me some strength please," my tears slowly drop on my cheeks. I missed her so much, she was a very gentle and delicate person. But she went to god too soon.

Maybe being mated is not that bad. Why going such a hassle for things that you never knew what might happen? Maybe he will treat us right, like a precious jewel. An annoying voice none other than my wolf, Frushia speaks in my head. Trying to change my mind. Tsk tsk tsk.. What a weak heart u got there my wolf.

Precious?Are you out of your mind? Have you forgotten our promise to mom? We promised to be successful and will never face what she's had been through, and maybe, we can hang on until we are 24 and after that we can marry anyone we want. I do not want history to repeat itself. Enough of what she and me went through. U are not even there to witness it. So shut the fuck up! The voice immediately disappeared from my mind. I can feel she went to the back of my mind, sulking. I pay no heed. There are no more doubts. Enough is enough. Mother's tears and beaten bruised body still fresh in my mind. It fuels my body to get up and proceed with the plan.

                                                                                            ***

From afar I can already see how lively our pack hall with people buzzing in and out from it, since there's almost 5 neighboring pack joined this year it's a big event that involves more than 2000 unmated wolves. I sighed inside, I really hope this all is just a dream. Oh how I despise this day! Alisha and her mate drop me not far from the hall entrance.

"Thank you Alisha. I love you, maybe this will be our last time. I will try to make sure we do not lose contact," emotions which I tried to surpassed from when we are on our way to the venue went out. Tears began to flow fast on my cheek. Alisha, my best friend, no scratch that, my sister, since when I arrived to this pack, which 12 years ago also start sobbing. Who always with me through thick and thin, even though sometimes she annoyed the hell out of me, but I loved her so much!

"I love you too Ayana. Everything will be fine. Believe me, your mate will love and appreciate you more than anything. Me and John will always pray for your happiness," we hugged each other tight, as much as possible and after bid our final goodbye which I lost count for how many times, I made my way to the hall with deep breath. Showtime!