Chapter 8 Supposedly Going Back

Ok so I messed up. Damon does not have a girlfriend who isn't his mate. His girlfriend is his mate. Just clearing that up.

One week later

:Ellana:

It's been awhile, and Annie knows about everything. Well, not everything. That would take a long time. But, a lot. She was really pissed at me for not telling her. After all, I'm her best friend. But, she understands the seriousness in the situation. And for that, I'm glad. I took her out shopping and bought her food, and now she has cheered up a little.

I smell Annie outside my bedroom door. 

"What is it?" I ask.

She opens my door and plops down onto my bed, shoving her face into my covers.

I smirk and snort. Typical. I always snort. "What?"

She looks up at me, her lips swollen, and her face tinted pink.

"Oh... What happened?"

Her lip quivers, so I pull her into a hug, as a little kid would hug a teddy bear. She cries silently, and I can feel my damp shirt.

But I just hold her close. I am going to fucking kill him if he hurt her. Though, I can't imagine he would. He's so nice, she's really sweet. I can't imagine them fighting.

Ann pulls away from me, and rests her head in my lap after I close the door and sit down with my back on the headboard. 

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" I ask quietly, stroking her gorgeous hair.

She shakes her head and sniffs. "I dunno..."

"It's okay, Ann. I'm here."

"We- we..." She takes a sharp inhale. "It was all my fault." She sobs again.

I bend over and hug her. 

"I was in my r-room. He-" She takes a deep breath. "He came in. Looking for me. An-and."

"What happened after that?"

"We went outside. I said something. I regret it. I said I might... Not be able to deal... With having a mate. He didn't like that."

"Did he hurt you?"

"N-no."

I frown. "Promise?"

She nods before taking in a shaky breath.

Kace, get your filthy ass into my bedroom right away. 

I'm busy. 

How dare you make your mate cry and not check on her, you dumb fuck. 

Fine. 

Your face isn't going to be fine when you get here.

Then Aubrey says, When was it ever. Let's be real.

Pretty soon, I can smell Kace.

"Kace is coming."

Annie shakes her head profusely.

"Yes, you need to talk with him. I'll be here, if you want."

"Please." 

I loop my arm through her's, and we await Kace's arrival.

And, sure enough, a few moments later, my door is opened.

He clenches his jaw, leaning against my door.

"Kace. I believe you and Annie need to talk. I found out that when she told you she didn't know if she could be your mate, you ran off."

His gaze is set firm.