Chapter 49 Four Days?

Sorry for the late update. I have been studying for exams, and actually writing them, and I was at a cadet survival thing this weekend. Trust me, you do not want to survive off MRE's for a whole weekend. That stuff messes with you.

:Jack:

Day one.

My body aches and is cold. I can't feel anything when I try to move my fingers. My tongue is heavy. My arms are numb. My eyelids are glued shut.

They start to water, causing my eyes to feel clouded. Then, I realize they're already open. I just can't see. Even with my heightened senses, I feel blind.

I grow worried, because I can't feel my mate. I furrow my brow. Well, attempt to. I hiss in pain when I move my face. Why did my mate hurt me? She must have been forced to do that. But, her eyes. How did her eyes do that? In my entire life, I've never seen anything like it.

I start to move my head a little, so I can exercise my muscles. Whatever happened, they knew what to use. It could have been excessive amounts of silver, wolfsbane, or foxglove.

I hope Ellana is alright. There's no way she could have meant that.

She couldn't have, there's no way. Right.

I hear a small noise from the corner of the room, my hopes instantly spiking that it's my beautiful wife.

"Pathetic. That's what you are."

A flickering light is turned on.

I frown. I feel her presence, but it doesn't comfort me, sending a chill down my back.

"I can't believe I tricked you..." She walks closer, coming up behind me, her hair brushing my neck. "For so long..."

"Ellana, please." I wiggle around in the chair, paying no mind to the searing pain throughout my body. My lip trembles subconsciously. "Why are you doing this?"

Next thing I know, she's in front of me, with her finger holding my chin up. "Funny you asked... You took me from my family, you bastard. I've never really liked you, to be honest. It was just recently that it really started to bother me." She faces the wall.

"But, Ellie-"

"You talk when I tell you to talk!" She spins around, again.

I decide to shut up, since I'm obviously the one in the sticky situation. I adjust my wrists, just to grunt in pain. Silver. The ropes are soaked in silver.

She laughs a little. "Man. How does it feel being in my position? Being the one who means less?"

I grimace and lean forward. "You don't mean less."

"Ta, ta. What did I say about talking out of turn?"

I frown, pursing my lips.

"There we are." She plops down into my lap. "Now. Let's talk about your punishment."

I thrash around, sending her flying to the dirty ground.

Ellana grunts in frustration, dusting herself off, before standing and glaring at me. "We can make your death more painful if you'd like," she grits out.

Part of me doesn't care that I hurt her, but I shake that thought out of my head when she whispers,

"Stupid frail woman body. I hate my job."

Stone faced, I stare into the corner.

"I will force you to hate me."

When I don't answer, she yells, "You will! I will make sure of it! You will hate me so much!"