06 - the one where 'he' rants

"You're so annoying!" 

Taara's jaw dropped. That was the first thing he had spoken to her and he said that. Annoying and her? Right, because he didn't have to deal with himself.  

"Excuse me." I am the one being sweet here and apologizing. You, mister, are ignoring me and being rude. Then you have the audacity to call me, me, annoying?" Taara snapped. Patience wasn't a virtue she could say she possessed and that reflected. 

"God. Now I understand why you don't have a boyfriend.  Being the Miss.Always.Snapping that you are, no guy would even want to be around you. I am actually stupid that I am actually bothering to talk to you. I thought you would need someone to, you know, share stuff with, lighten your heart, someone to just be there for you. I was indeed the 'rude' one because I asked you whether you liked coffee or tea? I was indeed stupid. Standing with two cups of tea and wondering whether I had imagined a girl." He sighed as though suddenly realizing he was almost scolding her. His expression softened. 

She smiled. "Woah. That was some vent. You don't do well with rejections, do you?"

"Nothing like that. Was upset how a girl of the twenty first century treated me two days ago. I mean she could be frank and say no. I would have accepted that and respected it. But she was another level. Made me feel like a desperate psycho loser. I swear my trust on the female population of this world is beginning to waver. They bloody want .." 

Taara narrowed her eyes at him, interjecting-"you're ranting."

"No. I am stating facts. Women, I tell you. They never fail to amaze me. Tantrums, accusations, wishes, expectations."

"Cut it." Taara cut him off yet again, holding back her smile. She felt sorry for actually leaving him like that. "I am really sorry." She spoke softly staring at her fingers. He was irked how she cut him off,  but then smiled when he saw genuineness in her apology.

"Haven't you heard? One must earn forgiveness." He smiled tossing his head in her direction.  She raised her gaze to meet his. There was a little surprise written all over her face. "Well, what do you want me to do? Sorry sit ups?" She grinned mischievously. 

"Nah. Maybe a coffee should do." He stated holding back his smile. Taara was momentarily charmed by that twinkle in his eyes. Maybe a coffee wouldn't hurt? 

"Wow. So you're asking me out on coffee." Taara stated tearing her eyes away from his face. His eyes were enchanting. They had the color of her favorite thing - sky! Something like bluish grey.

"Of the sorts. But it is not a date. Let me clarify that." He added.

Taara held back her smile. Why was she acting like this - like a high school girl with her crush? Perhaps cause she barely ever had a guy taking interest in her. Despite her being, herself as usual --difficult!

They walked over to the nearby tea vendor. "Bhaiya, one coffee and one tea!" Taara spoke drawing out a twenty rupees note from her jeans pocket. He was immediately about to tell her that he would pay. But then on a second thought, he silently stood looking at her. 

"You don't like coffee?" He asked while she handed him the small paper cup filled with coffee. Their fingers brushed. 

"Nope! I am the chai person." She spoke taking her cup of tea and turning away from the vendor. Their gazes met while they sipped their respective beverage. He flashed a amused smile and she returned it with equal amusement.  They looked away enjoying the breezy weather and the beverage. 

It's strange, how, at times we do not need words to communicate, the gazes are enough. Even if we barely know the person!

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

Ever communicated with a stranger using just eyes and not words? Would love to read what you've to share.

Please vote on the chapters so that I know, you all would wanted me to continue writing this one!