Chapter 7

[ Justin ]

The computer screen flickers as I watch some YouTube videos. I stare blankly at the screen, thinking about other things than work. Music is blasting in my ears but I don't even bother it. I'm thinking about Alyys.

She came home in one of the hoodies of my best friend. I know it was my best friend because we bought them together. I asked her how she got it and she told me some story about her and Maddie getting drinks and crashing a party, which ended in Alyys getting sick and Caleb helping her.

I believed her. Alyys isn't that kind of girl that would randomly fuck a guy, not even when she's drunk. She told me she stayed the night at Caleb's, but they didn't share a bed. I'm glad they didn't, I don't know if I can trust Caleb as much as he says all the time. He knows I did some, stuff, with his old girlfriend. Sorry not sorry, be she was hot and I was drunk. I couldn't help myself, but I guess I never can.

Somebody is tapping my shoulder and I get my eyes off the screen. I turn around and see my boss standing behind me. I don't get scared of a lot of people, but my boss really is scary.

"I see you think your job is very interesting?"
"I didn't get any calls or emails sir, so I thought I could take a break?"
He starts to laugh and closes the page for me.
"You thought you could take a break," I need to look up a little, which makes him even scarier.

"And just watch some random chicks bang?"
"I didn't," he cuts me off.
"You know I hired you because I knew that you needed a job to keep the place you're living in. I know a lot of other guys that would want to work here, for minimum wage."

I look down. I know it isn't the most perfect job I could have, but it is something. I dropped out of school a few months ago. Completely random, I just walked away and I didn't plan on going back.

So I landed here, a place where I can break stuff. I actually like it here, I can just go to the working place and help break some if I'm angry or just frustrated. And I get paid well.

"Listen, boy. I really want to keep you around, but you have to get some work done."
I sigh as he walks away. He's right, I should do something. I'm mostly responsible for keeping up with the stuff that people bring in and giving them money back.

I just want to start looking into some stuff when I see Caleb waking into the building. Oh yes, I forgot to tell you. We got this job together. We also dropped out together. I guess you can say we really are best friends.

"Caleb," I wave at him. He turns around when he sees me, takes a chair and gob sit at the other end of the desk. "Hey man, did you just got called out?"

"I did, my bad. Didn't do shit today so I guess it's fine." He laughs a bit and takes a look at his phone. He starts to smile.
"Hold on, why are you smiling?"

"Nothing," he quickly changes the subject. "Did Alyys told you about last night and stuff?"
"Yeah, she did. Thanks for helping her though."
"Everything for my man and his girlfriend."

We talk a bit about work and the lady's when Caleb brings up we should have a boys night, as he calls it.

"Going out, grabbing a beer, getting waisted, maybe fixing some chicks."
To be honest I could really use another break, again. All this money shit is stressing the hell out of me and I would love to get a beer, get drunk. Before I think about if it's a good idea a agree.

"Great. I will see you at my place at 9 pm?"
"I will be there."
Caleb nods at me, stands up and walks into the working place. I guess I'm going out tonight.

I will be honest I have no idea why I thought this was a good idea. Caleb invited over some more friends and we are all leaving for a party in a few minutes. I already had a few beers just to make sure that I will get drunk. I need to get drunk.

I lean against the wall, looking around the room. There are some people that I remember. Alex and Timothy from high school, I remember Dean from a party a couple of weeks ago. The other guys? I have no idea who they are. I don't really care to be honest.

"Does anyone know a good party this night?" Caleb looks around the room, expecting one of these dudes to answer. I take a sip from my beer and clear my throat.

"Why don't we just go to one of those new clubs? I've heard some good shit about them." I hear everybody agreeing and already grabbing their jackets.

"Ok, I guess we can to that as well." Caleb puts his arm around my shoulder and helps me get into the hallway. I guess I already have some difficulties walking but I really don't give a fuck. I didn't remember me getting drunk off a few beers? Whatever. I walk outside with Caleb.

"You know, Alyys told me about you helping her." We all are having a good time, walking through the streets in the cold wind.
"She did? I didn't think she would remember it. She looked pretty fucked up."

"Yeah, she told me she was. Thanks for letting her stay over. And for keeping your hands to yourself."
Caleb is silent for a moment and looks at me. He knows I'm drunk, but I can see some kind of fear in his eyes.

"Yeah, no problem dude..."
"You know I would understand if you would love to fuck her. I mean, look at that body!" I start to laugh and lean more against him. The alcohol is really kicking in right now.
"Trust me, she's good."

I can see how uncomfortable he is getting. But I don't care, because I know he thought about it that night. And now he knows that I know it too. That's what you get Caleb, for thinking about fucking my girlfriend.

"You have no idea what you are saying," he tries to brush it off and laughs nervously. "Let's just keep walking, before we can't get in anymore."

When we get to one of the clubs it is already full of people. You can badly walk around or you will get some kind of drink spilled over you. Some girls keeping looking at us, so we decide to just join them. All those boys are single so they could use a good night I guess.

When I sit down this girl immediately gets over to me. She smiles at me. I know that look. That's the look I get from girls who like to act all sweet and innocent but they are the wildest in bed. Trust me.

I promised Alyys I would never; ever cheat on her. I know I broke that promise, but I can't do it again. I have promised myself that after that night, I would stay away from other girls and only be with Alyys. I guess she kind of ruined that.

"Oh, hello." Just for the show, I put my arm around her waist. She starts to giggle and I realize she is really fucked up. Her pupils are so tiny I can barely see them. I can't believe I would do this, but I did. I let her go.

"Listen, honey. I'm not interested in sex." I am, but just not with you. She stays quiet for a solid minute. Then she stands up and apologized. Weird, I have never had that in my entire life.

I see Caleb looking over at me with disbelieve. He has never seen me turn down a girl, never. I'm always the one that leaves the party to go upstairs. I grab a random cup from the table and drink it all at ones.

My throat burns so much but I ignore it. At this moment I regret coming here. I want to go home. I want to lay in bed with Alyys in my arms.

The rest of the night I hardly remember. I got more alcohol into my body, puked some out and then drank some more. How I got home is a big mystery, but at least I did. I drank a few glasses of water before I got into bed.

Alyys was already asleep, thank god. I snuggle beside her and wrap my arms around her waist. A last sigh leaves my mouth before I fall into a weird, deep sleep.