Chapter Eighteen

__••__

Flashback...

Jonathan couldn't contain the smile on his face as he kept his gaze on the back of his jolly wife as she walked ahead of him on the grassy field, which was stretched wide with the sun adding warm glows on the nature around, and on his wife. She was dressed in white shorts, a tucked in white shirt and strapped sandals while her hair was up in a loose up bun, the rays of the sun brightened her clothes, as well as her skin tone- it made her glow. He watched as she walked in an invisible straight line then turned around to face him, making him blink out of his trance.

"Why are you staring holes into my back? I could feel it," she said and made her way towards him.

Jonathan cocked a single brow then wrapped his arms around her shoulder and continued their slow walk on the rich blades of grass.

"I still try to wonder how I ended up with someone as beautiful you. It's like a dream, you know. Growing up as a kid, I've always told myself that I would marry a beautiful woman, someone who would give me a happy life, someone who will also make me cry for the right reasons. And I am so glad that my prayers came to past."

Jenna beamed and wrapped her arms around his muscular build, her smile never leaving her round face. He nuzzled his face into her hair and then tightened his hold around her shoulder.

"I'm never letting you go, my love," he said and kissed the crown of her head.

"Why don't your test that theory of yours, huh?" She suggested with a glint in her brown eyes and before he could question her, she sharply moved away from his tight grip with a mischievous look on her face. "Why don't you try to catch me to prove that you will forever not let me slip away."

Jonathan heaved a sighed. "I'm not chasing you, Jenna."

He laughed when she wiggled her fingers at him in a mocking manner and playfully grimaced.

Jenna scoffed. "Yup, like I once said a few months ago, you can't run. You're just scared that I might run faster and embarrass your ego. You're too chicken to-Ah!"

Jenna dodged when Jonathan lurched in her direction, then laughed and stuck her tongue out at him, which made him growl and race towards her but went into another direction when he almost closed in on her.

The happy couple raced around the field, laughing and teasing each other and not once touching each other until Jonathan grabbed his wife by the waist line of her shorts, which made her slip to the grass with him following suit.

Jenna laughed heartily then turned around, so her husband could lay on top of her. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and rubbed her nose with his briefly with a giggle and pecked his cheek.

"You've proven your point," she said and he rolled his brown eyes.

"Such a funny way to prove it," he replied and placed his hand on her cheek where he began to rub his thumb softly, with his eyes filled with love and happiness for the heavily breathing woman underneath him. "But I would do anything in my power to keep you as mine till the day I die."

Jenna smiled. "And I would do anything to make you fall in love with me more. Absolutely anything, Jonathan. Anything."

Jonathan nodded and kissed her lips passionately, his hand going into her hair and tilting it so he could add more pressure to the heated kiss.