Chapter Twenty Five

__••__

Flashback...

Gloria marched through the noisy work place, determination within her body and a sly smile on her face. As her eyes spotted the doors to her co-worker's office, she increased her steps until she got to the door, and knocked. After hearing an affirmative response, she pulled the door open and walked in.

"Good morning, Jenna." She smiled wider, and did not miss the look of confusion on the face of the woman, sitting behind the large desk.

Gloria knew that it would be difficult to develop a relationship with the one woman that got the heart of the only man she had ever loved. The past thoughts of how Jenna began working in the establishment, and how she had skyrocketed to a position higher than hers, fueled the anger within her being.

The positions, credits and offers she had always worked for, had slipped through her hands, and was given to a woman who had not been in the company for long. It angered her the more she thought about it, coupled with the idea of Jenna being with Jonathan.

"How may I help you?" Jenna asked.

"I know we didn't start off on the right foot. But... Can we go out for lunch, as sisters? I really regret saying a lot of things to you. What do you say?" Gloria smiled, while eyeing the doubt written in Jenna's brown eyes.

"I don't know what to say," Jenna replied, uncertainty dripping from her tone.

"Just say you'll be my friend. I realized that all my behavior towards you was just nonsense. Come on, girl. Will you forgive me, please?"

__••__

"So, I decided to befriend my enemy. Someone I despised so much," she growled and glared at the headstone. "The hate increased each time you two acted all lovey dovey. It sickened me, and it made me almost want to kill you. Fast forward to when Jonathan started telling me how he wanted to propose to you. Trust me, I did everything in my power to try to tell him that it was a bad idea but he didn't even listen to me. Imagine planning the proposal of the woman you hate, and the man you love, does that happen?" She asked through gritted teeth, and began to play with one of the flowers in her hand.

"It sickened me when I saw the love in his eyes on the night he proposed. I wanted to run away, and hide in my shame and heart ache. To Jonathan, I had forgiven him but in reality, I never did!" She shouted then smiled suddenly. "Then Vera came into the picture. She was so kind and so naive that I knew that I could use her whenever I wanted, and she wouldn't know why."

Gloria stood up and twirled around then chuckled, and crossed her arms. She craned her head in thought.

"I easily became close to Vera but you didn't know that, Jenna. I easily coaxed her into getting extra close to Jonathan whenever he was easily down or something. She was always the first to comfort him to the point that it turned into a habit for him. That was when he started being distant from you in one or two ways. You my dear friend, became jealous and insecure, which was part of my plan," Gloria said, and laughed then plopped down to stare at Jenna's headstone again. "Which makes me remember that I found out about your health issue; BPD and all. It was the icing on the cake! I knew where to push your buttons."

Gloria tilted her head backwards in a rich laughter, and craned her head back into its former position. She wiped a fake tear off her eyelid, and shook her head.