Part 7

Natalie Ross

I made eye contact and immediately turned away. I knew Cache was a nice girl, but that didn't mean I wasn't a little bit nervous around her. After all, she had so many friends that I probably was nothing to her. We had a class together back in seventh grade, and even then I was to scared to talk to her.

You know what Nat. She is here, you better make it work, I told myself in my head.

For the rest of class I sat in my chair and listened to Mrs. Tanner. Although I wasn't really taking anything in.

Class ended and I decided to take a chance at something. As we were walking out the door I gave Cache a smile. She looked at me and then quickly looked away. I sighed internally. She definitely had forgotten that we had spoke yesterday, and definitely interested in being friends with me.

I sat on the bus and waited for Mackenzie. I closed my eyes and put my head against the seat in front of me.

"Well then," Mackenzie said as she sat beside me, "did someone gave a rough day?"

I sat up. "No. My day was positively tutely perfect. How was yours?"

She laughed. "It was pretty good. What happened to yours?"

"The day actually wasn't bad. There was just a slight malfunction in 7th period."

"Ooh tea," she turned to face me.

"What are you doing after school?" I asked

"Why nothing." She said in a terrible British accent.

"Alright. I'm inviting the boys and we are going to go over our first days," I explained.

"Alrighty Captain," she told me sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes and texted Henry and Micah to meet us at the park.

About a half an hour later we were all at the park.

"What is the reason for us being summoned here?" Micah said in a deep voice.

"Well," I said giving Micah a sarcastic glare, "you've been summoned so we can talk about our first days of school," I said matter if factly.  "Also, I didn't have softball, you didn't have football, and Henry and Mackenzie didn't have soccer, so I figured it probably would be the only day we have to hang out for awhile," I explained.

"Alrighty then. How were your days of school guys?" Mackenzie asked us.

"My teachers are all so chill it's almost scary. They let us get away with almost anything already," Henry told us.

"Watch out. Those are the ones that are the most fake. They will strike at the most inconvient time," Mackenzie pointed out to him.

"What about you Micah?" I asked him.

"Well it's the first day if school and I'm somehow am already failing math," Micah said exasperated.

"You better get that up," Henry stated, "you remember what happened last time you got a low grade."

Micah sighed, "Of course I do."

"Well," Mackenzie broke the awkward  silence, "I have really chill classes, and the teachers are nice."

"What about you Nats," Micah turned to ask me, "you're the one that pulled us all here"

"Oh," I replied, "well, I don't think my classes are going to be too hard." "But there is one thing that might be rough," I said looking at the ground.

"Spill the tea sister," Mackenzie laughed.

"I have student government with Cache Littman," I said laying in my back.

"Ooh," Henry elbowed me.

I looked up at him and gave him a death glare, "Absolutely not. She doesn't like me, I can already tell."

"I think you've got a heck of a year ahead of you," Micah laughed.

"Maybe so," I told them.

We kept talking about our days, and what was ahead of us for the rest of the year. But there was a faint nagging in the back of my head telling me something about Cache was going to change me either for better or worse.