Part 9

Natalie Ross

I sat in 7th period once again talking to Kodie, waiting for the bell to ring. Sadly, I didn't have 6th period with Felix, so I would have to face Cache before finding out for sure if she was against me or not.

The bell rang and we all stopped talking to listen to Mrs. Tanner. I could feel Cache's presence behind me and it was making me kind of nervous.

"Alright guys. I know it's only the second day, but welcome week is next week, and we need to be ready to go. There are 15 of you, and 5 days, so you will be split into groups of three," Mrs. Tanner said as she looked around the room. "Wait, Dylan isn't here, so we will have a group of two," she corrected herself. "Who wants to work on Monday?" She then asked getting ready to write on the board.

Two of the seventh graders, Bridgette and Victor, along with one of the eigth graders, Mason, volunteered. "Alright," she said, putting them down for Monday.

She kept going through the week. She got to Thursday and no one raised their hand. I really didn't care what day I did, so I put up my hand.

"Anyone else?" She asked scanning the class. I turned around just in time to see Cache put her hand up. "I'll do it."

Well she must not be against me all the way, I thought to myself.

"Thank you Cache," Mrs. Tanner said as she put our names on the board. "Tysen, Remi, and Hazel, you guys got Friday," she said, pointing to the kids.

I got up and walked over to where Cache was sitting. "Heyo," she said with a shy smile.

"What's up?" I replied back.

"Not much. I talked to Felix though," she told me looking up.

"Oh yeah," was all I said back.

"Don't worry. I don't hate you. To be honest I thought you hated me," she told me through a chuckle.

"Oh. Oops. Sorry about that then," I apologized.

"Eh. No biggie," she said easily. "Now what kind of amazing things will our beloved students be doing next Thursday?" She asked sarcastically.

I laughed and we started hitting down ideas for what we were going to do.

We were about five minutes in when the door blew open and Dylan came in with a note from the office. "Sorry Mrs. Tanner. My locker would not open, and then I couldn't find the right office.

There was a big boundary change last year, and Dylan had come over from the other middle school, so he was still trying to work out school out.

"It's alright," Mrs. Tanner chuckled. "We're just working on activities for hello week. You go ahead and work with Natalie and Cache," she told him.

Dylan came over and say by us. "Sorry about that guys. Is there anything I can help with?"

"Just brainstorming," Cache chuckled.

Even though I was glad to have more help, deep down in the inside I was a little disappointed to not just be working with Cache anymore.

What's this. Sorry it only took like and minute and a half to read. Kind of a filler chapter. Also, there will be more Cache parts, I just want to establish more background for Natalie, and keep it out for Cache for now.