Scars

The pitter patter of light feet could be clearly heard in the dark end of Tartarus. Selene was bound with shackles from the wall, her platinum locks matted with dirt and her eyes clenched shut, if it wasn't for the iron chains holding her she would have fell a long time ago. 

Her body was swaying with exhaustion. The feet stopped in front of the moon goddess.

"Selene" the voice was calm, almost peaceful and melodious to Selene's ears but she couldn't make herself to raise her head and see the azures of Persephone.

With a loud clank the chains were released and Selene dropped to her knees, her once beautiful face now ashen.

"W-What d-do you want?"

"You are giving your powers to me?" It wasn't an order of the Queen of Hell, just a curious enquiry.

"A-as if I have a choice." Her lips were dry and voice groggy....almost gone.

Water appeared infront of her eyes in a small earthen pot and Selene forced her hands to hold the glass taking greedy gulps and then resting her weight on the wall behind.

Persephone sat beside Selene, her shoulders relaxed and legs drawn out.

"Why are you here?"

"To know if you want to give your powers to me." It almost sounded sympathetic.

"You are my arch nemesis, I destroyed your bond, cursed your mate, cursed you, let your father become a beast and shackled your mother, I am a psychotic and toxic person and I feed on power, why are you showing me your pity. I can ruin you!"

"I knew what happened in Zeus' temple." Selene's eyes widened as her body froze but when she revived her rage was harsher than before.

"You know nothing, absolutely nothing about me, did you forgot I asked Dolus to take Hades' form and destroy your trust."

"I just want to tell you Selene that I am sorry."

"BITCH! I WILL SNATCH YOUR POSITION."

"Stop torturing yourself. What happened was not your fault." Persephone whispered.

"I HATE YOU!" Selene snarled in rage but after three thousand years, angry tears prickled her eyes. A lone tear escaped Persephone's eyes.

"Fuck you, I don't need your sympathy!"

"I know you don't........you are strong." Selene clutched her fingers hards trying to break her own bones, just a little pain and the heart ache will go and after minutes of silence she became numb.

"What do you want Persephone?" She sighed and in so many years for once she saw her own creation properly. Persephone looked just like her.

She was something Selene could never be... smart, kind, brave and above all a true Luna. Selene was a lifeless dead shell while Persephone was filled with life, joy and above all with valour.

"Hades knows about you Selene, he had put efforts to stop you without hurting you, he forgave those sins which were unforgiving. If he wanted you dead you would have died a long time ago but he was just to you like any king should be."

A drop of crystal liquid fell on the pale skin of moon goddess....her tears were flowing without any abandon.

"I had worshipped him throughout my life but the day in altar when I needed him the most.....he never came."

"He came Selene....Hades came, her fate was inevitable but he still came, she wasn't there when they were ripping her body....he was, she was locked in the heavenly skies, neither her soul registered what was happening nor her senses...it was him which they tortured."

"You are a liar."

"You created me and you know me, I am not lying."

The city of Athens held on those strong pillars of connemara marble was in great commotion. Hundreds of temples of Zeus were crowded as people prayed for the ending of plague.

Only one abandoned temple covered with black onyx stood proudly on the far end of the cliff- the temple of Hades.

A maiden covered with pure white silk gown entered the temple to worship the the Lord....she was dedicated to it her entire life, she started when she was twelve and was daily beaten to submission before....so she ran here to take refugee.

Her devotion was unmatched, her trust unwavering, maybe because the day she first stepped foot in the temple her abuser and slave master was burned alive as he followed her inside.

That day when she returned to the village, a group of boys threw stones at her for killing their friend and whipped  her till blood dripped off her back ...she couldn't remember much but when she called the god of Underworld with all her devotion darkness engulfed her.

Next day she was in infirmary and those boys were found dead....a beast had clawed their heart out.

The twelve year child could not understand much but what she did understand was that the temple was her safe haven and God Hades her best friend...her protector.

Her parents had sold her to a slave master for money and she never saw them again. But she promised herself she would never let those bastards live if she met them again.

The Masters had broke her, countless times forced to submission and life destroyed but now everything was good because a bundle of joy was born from her heart....her own daughter- Mairen.

She was twelve when Mairen graced the world but she was never regretful....it was the essence of her first love- Erim. Erim loved her and their daughter but he was sacrificed just like an animal infront of her and she could do nothing to stop his death.

But that day onwards she bowed to protect Mairen......a vow which unknown to her would be soon broken.

The maiden was Selene.

**********************************

I just couldn't make myself to write about sexual assault.....I write to plucker myself from reality.... that was just too much for me. 😩😩

I am pretty sensitive.🖤🙄🙄🙄

Selene is a vilan...and then she is not...you will see pretty soon.😍