Chapter 9.Payback.

I can't believe i did that to Gale. I look at his lifeless body and all the good, and bad memories come flooding back. When I saw him after the first Hunger Games, after he kissed me for the first time, us hunting in the woods, him and Peeta fighting, me and him argueing, and many others. The last memory that flashes before my eyes was his frightened look in his eye when I went to shoot him. He said, 'Don't do this Katniss. Im doing this cause I believe I can make you happy. You love me and I love you.' Then I shot him. He was my best friend once, and I loved him, but he had changed. I start to cry, and I turn away. When I get home Peeta sees me crying, and he hugs me. For a long time. He doesn't say anything, because he knows it will make me feel worse. His arms are warm. Then he kisses me. I feel a warmth stir inside me. I love that he makes me feel this way. It stretches through my whole body. I suddenly forget all about Gale and Logan, the only thing im aware of is my lust for Peeta. It makes me feel better.

                               ••••••

I can't go back to the woods alone. I shouldn't have killed to Gale. Its been two weeks, but still i feel bad. I decide to ask Peeta to come with me. When we get there, we go to my favourite spot in the woods. Near the lake. Peeta picks me up and throws me in. 'Hey! Peeta!' I say in between laughs i dive on top of him and push him under the water. We laugh and play around for awhile. The we sit in the woods talking and laughing. Peeta alwayd makes me forget about my worries and fears, thats what ai love most about him. I look into his deep blue eyes and say. Peeta Im really hungry. 'well we can get some food later.' For some reason I have a mental breakdown and start crying. 'IM HUNGRY NOW' I say between sobs. 'Why are you crying?' Peeta says. His expression is worried. 'I don't know i feel like its my fault you have no family left. If I didn't pull out those stupid berries!' 'Shh shh its ok, you have been acting strange lately.' He presses his lips to myne before I can argue. Then the pieces fit together. Strange appetites, morning sickness, mental breakdowns. 'Peeta lets go back. I want to stop by the hob.' 'Ok, Katniss. You love me. Real all not real?' 'Real. Stay with me?' '

'Always.'