Chapter 10. The news and interview

I walk into the doctors surgery with Peeta close behind.

'Katniss, why are we here?'

'You'll see, Peeta' I look at his concerned face. The doctor walked into the room. 'Mrs. Everdeen.' I start to stand up when Peeta pullsme back down. He whispers in my ear, 'Katniss, I love you.' 'I love you too, Peeta' I whisper. Then I get up and close the door behind me.

                              •••••••••

While we are walking home, I get a phone call. 'Hey, Katniss! Its Ceaser! How are our star crossed lovers from district 12 going?'

'Very well, Ceasar, thankyou.'

'Katniss, can we have an interview with you tommorrow at say....... 9am'

'Yeah, sure ok bye.'

'Bye Katniss, say hello to Peeta for me.' Than the line clicked dead.

'Everything ok?' Peeta asks.

'Yeah, that was Ceaser. He wants an interview at 9am tommorow. The prep team will be over at 7. He said to say hi.'

'Ok. Now do you need to tell me somwthing?' His voice sounds amused and i finally glance at him. He has a smirk on his face. 'No, I need to go to the woods for awhile.' 'You sure you don't need me to come? With the incident with Gale--'

'No, I just need some time to think. I ll be back in 1 hour' 'Ok Katniss, I will get dinner ready, don't be too long.' He kisses my forehead, and walks away.

                             •••••••••

'Say hello to the star crossed lovers from district 12!!!' 'Hey guys hows it going?!' 'Great, thanks Ceaser, and how are you?' Says Peeta. 'Im well. Thankyou Peeta. Now... Katniss...'

I gulp. I didn't know how to tell him. 'Yes Ceasar?' 'I believe you have some news for us and also Peeta.' I glance at Peeta nervously. He looks amused, just like when he asked me what waa going on yesterday. 'Well... um I guess this would be a good time to say.... Im pregnant!' The whole crowd cheers, and Peeta pretends to faint. 'You knew,' I whisper to him. 'I figured it out. Your a terrible liar Katniss.' I laugh. I suppose I have nothing to worry about. 'So, is this your first child Im guessing?' That is enough. I start to cry. 'Was it something I said?' Ceasar asked, clearly confused and astonished. 'No, no Ceasar, its just her hormones, you know with the baby.' With that I decide I need to wipe my tears. 'Ok, Katniss. Im sorry. So how long have you been pregnant for?' He gives  me a wink and I blush. 'Um about 2 months.' This resulted in another round of applause from the audience. 'Congratulations guys! So how is everyone else going? Like your mother, and Gale--' Suddenly, I can't take it anymore. I run of stage, hysterical. I hear Peeta apologizing and Ceasar asks 'What happened?' 'Oh, Ceasar, she is just going through alot at the moment. On behalf of both of us. Thankyou for having us today , but we really have to go.' 'Ok Peeta, we will see you later.' After that, I throw up behind the stage. I hear the crowd murmuring, wondering what really happened to make me run off stage like that. Suddenly, I feel Peetas warmth beside me, and I instantly relax. I will make it up to him, I think. That is my last coherent thought before I black out.