31.

December 25th, Luna's favorite holiday

December 25th, Luna's favorite holiday. She loved the snow and as a little girl, she loved the Christmas presents that she always received. 

"Alright! Present time! Let's go!" Charlie called as he walked into the living room. "Seth, Leah, Embry, stop eating."

Luna slapped a hand over her mouth to stop the bubbling laughter from spilling from her lips, squealing as her fiance pinched her sides gently.

"Jake, you start. Get it going." Charlie tells him. 

Jacob handed a present to Renesmee. 

"What did you get me?" Seth asked his sister.

"I'm not giving you anything." Leah told him.

"Hey! No, come on, what did you get me?" 

"Well, Dad, we didn't have time to wrap yours, but here it is." Bella says as she hands him a piece of paper. "It's a five day fishing trip to Fraser River. It's for you and Sue." 

"You leave tomorrow." Edwards tells him. 

"Wow, that's really nice. Thank you. Tomorrow? I can't leave tomorrow." Charlie told them.

"I made arrangements for you at work." Sue tells him. 

"Sneaky. And extravagant." 

"And non-refundable, I'm afraid." Edwards said. 

Charlie looked at the two, "You two trying to get rid of me? Because it's working! Fraser River. That means we'll be chasing Cutthroat."

"We might even hook a rainbow or some bulls." Sue says.

"Woman knows her trout." 

"Luna." Seth grinned, laying his head on her lap.

"Here." Luna laughed, handing him the present that she had gotten him. 

"At least someone loves me!" 

✖✖✖

"That's why I'm talking about. A little pre- battle bonfire. Telling war stories." Jacob sat next to Luna on the log. She wasn't staying for the battle, she was only there until the morning and then  Seth would be taking her back to Emily and Sam's house, with the other imprints so nothing could happen to her, "Or just standing there like frickin' statues." 

"Name any American Battle. I was there." Garrett says, sitting down. 

Luna and Jacob share looks, "Little big horn." 

"I came this close to biting Custer. But the Indian's got him first." 

"Try Oleg's assault on Constantinople." Kate sat next to him. "He didn't win that one on his own." 

"If you're talking abot battles, you're taking the Eleven Years' War." Liam said. "No one does rebellion like the Irish." 

"You lost the Eleven Year's War." Garrett tells him.

"Aye. But it was one hell of a rebellion." 

"When we ruled, everything came to us. Prey, diplomats, favor seekers. Such was our power. But we never put on white hats and called ourselves saints." Vladimir says.

"We were honest about what we were." Stefan said.

"We sat still for a very long time. We didn't notice we were beginning to petrify." 

"Perhaps the Volturi did us a favor when they burned our castles." Stefan says..

"We've been waiting 1,500 years to return that favor." Vladimir said, "We have been ready to do battle for ages."  

✖✖✖

"Come back to me in one piece, please." Luna had her arms wrapped around Embry's neck as the wolves said bye to their imprints before they went back to the battle. "I kind of can't walk down the isle without you waiting on me." 

"You have me!" Brady called from somewhere in the house.

Embry chuckled at the younger wolf as he looked down at his fiance." Don't worry, baby. I'm coming home to you as soon as the battle is over. And we're gonna have our weeding on the beach just like you want it." 

"I love you." Luna mumbled before bringing his lips down to hers.

"I love you too, Luna Grace." 

The imprints watched as their wolves ran off, shifting with only thoughts of worry for the boys in their minds.

"Okay. Let's not just sit around here and do nothing while we worry." Rachel clapped her hands together. "We have a summer weeding to plan for the future Mrs. Call." She smirked. 

"This is going to be the longest battle of my life."