XV | nothing is gone forever, only out of place

"Did I ask you?"

The director froze when he saw Alexander's expression when saying those four words. He stopped walking, too afraid to draw any closer, and his smiling face had become a little awkward.

Even though Isabelle was prepared to embarrass herself in front of Alexander, when it came time to ask him, she still lowered her head, feeling a little ashamed.

Alexander quickly turned his eyes back to Isabelle, and waited patiently for her to speak.

Because his attitude towards the director just now had been overly terrifying, nobody dared to speak recklessly. They could only quietly wait as well.

In that instant, the make up room fell completely silent.

Isabelle's silence made Alexander feel that the situation was more serious than he had imagined. A hint of hostility emerged from the usual cold expression he wore on his face, and he suddenly lifted his head and told Camila, "You, tell me what happened."

Camila was someone who never lost out to anyone. Even though Alexander wasn't backing her but Isabelle's, she stared at Annabelle, who sat restlessly in her chair, and then let out a chuckle. Without concealing anything, she went straight to the point, "It's Annabelle. She's bullying Izzy."

Annabelle... When Alexander heard that name, a flash of bewilderment crossed his eyes, as though he didn't know who she was. His eyes then scanned the make up room, before finally falling on Annabelle's face. Suddenly he remembered.

Wasn't this the woman he banned, and the woman who had targeted Isabelle all the time during last year's shooting of "Alluring Times"? Who would of thought that after so much time had passed, they would actually bump into each other again! It's truly inevitable for you to bump into your enemies.

Alexander's eyes suddenly turned cold, and his brows creased, as though something had clicked in his mind. He abruptly lowered his head and said to the little lady next to him without much thought, a little helplessness and fondness in his voice, "How are you so stupid to get picked on by the same person every time?"

He was clearly calling her stupid, but Isabelle felt an obvious sense of warmth in her heart. She pouted at him and finally spoke the first words since he arrived. Her voice was quiet, with a slight spoiled tone, "Well it couldn't really count as bullying."

"Does it or does it not count as bullying? What on earth happened? Tell me."

Women were always argumentative but sweet creatures, and this nature would amplify to no end especially when they encountered someone they relied on.

Perhaps it was because Isabelle had kept her silence after debating to herself on whether or not to tell Alexander about everything and have him look down on her, or if it was his absolutely patience, or perhaps it was how he called her stupid, or further yet, his question "Does it or does it not count as bullying?"... Those words were overly permissive.

Anyways, Isabelle's heart softened up. She decided it couldn't be called telling on Annabelle, but more like complaining, so then, as though no one else were around, she told Alexander, "The company prepared this drama for me last year. At the time, the director was chosen and Annabelle didn't have a part, but when time came for the shoot, she found a rich boyfriend who invested a lot of money, so he cast her into the movie and gave her the role of the supporting female character."

"Hm," responded Alexander to signify that he was listening.

His reaction made Isabelle feel a little more comfortable. After stuttering earlier, she now spoke more fluidly, regaining her usual voice and attitude. "I already didn't like her, but she would even show off her boyfriend every day. If that wasn't annoying enough, she then changed my script so that..."