Ten

"We need to talk about something..."

That sentence just kept repeating in Caitlin's head. Barry walks her to her car and gives her a sweet kiss goodbye. She bites her lip, searching in his eyes for an answer. He seems scared and this worries her. "How..." she croaks, "how long are you staying?"

He lets out a deep breath, "I just need to finish some paperwork then I will be home so we can talk."

She shakes her head, "Why can't you just tell me, right here and now?"

"Cait, please," he begs as he grabs her hands and squeezes them. She felt her hands could go numb by how hard he held them. Barry notices her face scrunch up in pain and loosens his grip. "I will tell you as soon as I get home, I promise." He gives her another passionate kiss; she follows his lead until he breaks away. "I love you, Cait."

She gives him a slight smile, "I love you, Barre." He kisses her forehead and opens the car door. "I'll see you at home. Don't take too long," she says then closes the door. As she buckles, she looks over at him and waves at him. She drives off as the knot in her stomach continues to grow.

As she got inside her home, she felt drawn to the couch. She slips off her shoes and tries to shake this feeling that something is wrong with Barry. She looks at her still flat stomach and smiles, "I'm worried about your daddy. Do you think he knows about you yet?" She pauses and pretends the child growing inside her can replay back. She rubs her thumbs slightly over the baby. "He can't possibly know yet... What do you think is wrong with your daddy?" 

On cue, her phone starts ringing. She jumps at the sudden noise then sighs with relief as she calms her heart. The screen blinks with the caller's ID and she smiles. "Yes?"

"How did everything go? You have me worried over here! I haven't seen you in two days! That's two days too many!" Cisco's sassy tone kills the silence that was in her home.

She giggles at his antics, "You were the one that said I need time off to be with my husband."

"Yes I did say that, but that didn't mean more than a day. Work isn't the same without you!" he continues to whine as she laughs on the other end. "I'm glad my pain can bring you joy, Dr. Allen!"

"Really Cisco? I wonder what you would say if I was gone for a couple of months," she hints with an arched eyebrow.

Cisco went quiet, "No ma'am, I can barely handle you gone for two days; I will not survive you being gone for months! You get back to work tomorrow, you hear me?"

Caitlin laughs, amuse by his tone and shakes her head thinking How is he going to handle it when I have my maturity leave? She smirks to herself and turns the attention back to Cisco. "Oh calm down, I was only joking."

"You can't play with my feeling like that girl. I'm sensitive, you know?"

She rolls her eyes and smiles, "Yeah okay, anyway, I'm good. I will be at work tomorrow and I have something exciting to share with you!"

"What is it? Tell me now!"

"Nope." She pops the p in replying.  "You will have to wait until tomorrow."

Cisco whines and pleas, "You know I don't have that kind of patience, Caitlin."

"Oh, I know. Which is why I am making you wait." She smirks.

Cisco fake gasps, "You ma'am have a cold heart."

"Really Cisco?"

"What? Too much?"

She laughs and shakes her head, "Just a little bit." 

The friends continue to talk for some more until Cisco had to go back to work. They said their goodbyes and made a promise to meet up for coffee, Cisco's treat. When she hung up, she notices the time and frowns. Barry told her he would be home in an hour - it was now two and a half hours since she left CCPD. She selects her messages and texts Barry.