Chapter 10

Miles' POV

As soon as I was kicked out of the house, I knew what direction to go. I remember the way to Calvin's house, and that's the only place I think I will be welcomed at.

I feel my eye aching from where my dad hit me, and I think my lip is split. It is stinging and I can feel blood trickling down from it.

I walk to his house in a daze, not believing what just happened. I knew my dad hated me, but did he really hate me enough to kick me out? The only thing I have on me is my phone and wallet, and the clothes on my back. I couldn't even pack a bag.

I walk along the empty road, moving to walk in the middle of it in case someone decided to run me over. I wouldn't mind right about now.

I feel so alone on this walk, like I have no one left. I don't want to burden Calvin, because that's all I am. A burden.

I think about Ryan, and if he would have accepted me. He was my best friend and accepted me for being a freak and hyper all the time. Surely he would accept me for being gay.

Ryan was such a good guy, he would have helped anyone, even if they didn't deserve it. He helped me when no one else would.

I'm still just walking in the middle of an empty road, near the woods. I'm looking into the mysterious woods when I suddenly see a pair of glowing yellow eyes. They look so intriguing, I can't look away.

Out walks a wolf the size of a bear. It's huge! That's what she said. Sorry.

Anyway, this wolf is massive, standing above my height while on four legs. The wolf has pure black fur with brown ears and tail. It looks at me and I tilt my head in confusion, like a puppy. Why isn't it attacking me. It's just staring at me. Soon, it tilts its head, looking more like a puppy then I do. Even with my famous puppy eyes.

I continue walking, deciding to just leave the animal be. I'm surprised when the wolf walks along with me in the trees, almost like it's protecting me.

The walk to Calvin's house is a long one, about an hour or two. I lost track of time. It's probably past midnight now, and this wolf is still walking beside me, watching me.

I can't focus on anything but how stupid I am. Not even the gorgeous wolf standing beside me. Why did I get close to someone? Why did my parents find out? How did they find out? Why did this happen to me?

My dad hitting me reminded me of all the times I've been bullied. The times when I was knocked unconscious behind the school. Every time, Ryan was there for me. Who's going to be here for me now?

I need some type of support in my life after not having any for so many years. Getting beaten down at school, then getting beaten down with words at home, I've questioned the point of life many time. Life is full of misery. What's the point?

Walking onto the dirt road that I know leads to Calvin's house, I question my decision to come here. I'm such a burden, he's not going to help me. Why would anyone help me? I'm worthless. Just like my dad said. I'm good for nothing and a waste of space.

I no longer see the wolf, probably not wanting to get too close to a house. The forest surrounds me on both sides, a path leading to my destination.

I finally reach the large house, my legs aching. I feel so much physical pain and emotional turmoil.

Still in a daze, I walk up to the door and hesitate before knocking. I don't know who's going to answer.

The door opens and I see the one person I was hoping to see.

Calvin.