Chapter 2

Blue eyelids slowly fluttered open to reveal the emerald green eyes hidden behind them. The first thing that Sonic noticed was that it was dark. Really dark. He tried to move to find some kind of lightswitch or something to banish the darkness. That's when he realized the second thing.

He couldn't move. His arms, legs, and even his head was tied down. He remembered a creepypasta he once read about a girl being in a similar position while her best friend tortured her and harvested her organs to make cupcakes. He couldn't eat cupcakes for a month after that.

He started to get a little nervous, but surely Eggman wasn't THAT crazy to do such a thing.

"Ah, glad to see you're finally awake, hedgehog."

Sonic growled. "Eggman! What have you done to me? Let me go!" He struggled against his bonds, but only managed to make the straps cut into him a bit.

"Stop struggling hedgehog, I haven't even done anything yet."

"Stop hiding behind the intercom and come face me like a man!"

Eggman growled into the microphone. Suddenly, Sonic felt an electric shock going through his body. He cried out in pain as he spazzed against the table he was tied to. A few seconds later, the shocking stopped, but to Sonic, it felt like an eternity.

"That was just a warning, rodent. Continue this behavior and it will be longer."

Sonic snarled through his panting. "What do you want from me?"

"Other than the Chaos Emeralds you stole from me? Bah, that doesn't even matter anymore. What matters now is that I finally have you in my grasps and I can finally test out my newest invention."

Suddenly, the lights turned on in the room, almost blinding the blue hedgehog. They were as bright as the sun, and felt just as warm. Sonic blinked his eyes a few times to get used to the light, before he looked forward and gasped a bit when he saw a large mechanical arm, holding a syringe filled with green liquid. "What is that Eggman? What are you gonna do?"

"Why, isn't it obvious? I'm going to inject this new poison I made into you, and I will gleefully watch the effects as you boil alive."

Sonic was trembling now. He was quite nervous about what was going to happen to him, and he had no idea if his friends were coming for him. They could think he was still fighting Metal for all they knew.

"Now then, let's get started shall we?"

Sonic's ear twitched as he heard the sound of a machine starting up, then his eyes widened as he saw the robotic arm starting to move, seemingly working the kinks out of itself. Then, the arm pointed the needle of the syringe at Sonic and started lowering towards him.

Panicking, Sonic began to struggle, trying to break free of the bonds holding him down. Blood ran down his arms as the straps cut into him. "No! Stop! Please don't do this!"

Eggman laughed into the intercom. "Oh, look at the hero of Mobias now. Trembling with fear in my grasps, begging for mercy. Oh how the mighty have fallen."

Tears were streaming down from Sonic's eyes now as he stared at the syringe. As soon as the needle made contact with the skin on his arm, he squeezed his eyes shut and started screaming, hoping someone would hear him. The hand to the robot arm slowly pushed the plunger, sending Eggman's creation into Sonic's bloodstream.

The hedgehog began to feel hot. Really hot. Almost a boiling sensation. The syringe was on its last few drops when suddenly, the wall was busted down, a piece of brick flying at the robot and breaking it off, discontinuing the injection.

"NO!" Eggman screamed.

Sonic opened his eyes and a huge grin of relief came to his face as he saw Shadow standing in the hole, beaten and bruised, but otherwise ok and fully energized.

The black and red hedgehog saw his rival strapped to the table, bleeding and crying, with a syringe stuck in his arm and he growled. He stomped over to the blue one and gently pulled the more than half empty syringe out. Then he untied the straps and gently picked Sonic up in a bridal style.

"I can walk." Sonic blushed.

"No you can't." Shadow shook his head, nodding his head to Sonic's bleeding legs. Sonic hadn't even noticed that his struggling had made the straps cut into his legs too. "You'll have to stay off them for a bit until they heal."

"Ugh! I HATE staying still."

"I know."

"Well, well, well. Look at the knight in shining black armor. I didn't think you swung that way."

Both Sonic and Shadow blushed darkly at that comment. Shadow growled and sent a Chaos Spear at the speaker, obliterating it and sending a shockwave to the other speakers around the building, cutting Eggman's voice completely off.

Shadow looked down at Sonic, who was doing his best to look at anything but the hedgehog holding him. Shadow growled. "This means nothing."

"Oh, no, no, absolutely." Sonic quickly replied with a nod.

Shadow sighed and ran out of the building, meeting up with their friends and running back home with the Chaos Emeralds still in their possession.

But what they didn't know, was that things were never gonna be the same again.

Back in Eggman's fortress, the evil genius pounded angrily at his sparking computer.

"DAMN THAT BIOENGINEERED HEDGEHOG!" He shouted angrily.

"Uh, Doctor," Orbot suddenly cand up behind him, holding the discarded syringe. "I've picked up the syringe. What shall I do with it?"

"Let me see it." Eggman demanded, snatching the syringe from the red robot. He studied the liquid that was still inside, and he laughed gleefully seeing that there only were a few drops left. "Well, well, this changes things."

"How so?" Cubot asked.

"This liquid was meant to give Sonic EXP, the most deadly UV radiation reaction known to mankind." Eggman explained. "But since he escaped before the last drop was emitted, he only has EPP. Not as deadly as EXP, but still will get Sonic out of my hair. With EPP, Sonic won't be able to stand anything brighter than a normal lightbulb. One step outside will boil him alive."

"Yeah, and he'll get a really bad sunburn too." Cubot added.

Ignoring his robot, Eggman smirked evilly. "With these new change of events, Mobias will be mine before we know it."