58. His arrival

Preeti's point of view

It's almost evening and Siddharth is not arrived yet. My eyes automatically fell on the clock and checked time after 5 minutes. Almost everyone arrived except him.

I was in a kitchen making orange juice for Neha. She is in her room with her college friends. Ritu aunty told me to give her juice because she didn't have her breakfast.

"Preeti.."

After giving juice to Neha, I am on my way to go downstairs when Dhruv called me from behind.

I stop on my track and look at him.

"Preeti can I talk to you for a minute." Dhruv said while walking towards me.

I nodded my head as 'yes.'

"Preeti I know I was a douche bag and acting like a jerk to you back then but I never meant to hurt you or anyone close to you." He said with a guilt in his eyes.

"..but I am a changed man now. When I came to Mumbai and met Neha she made me realize how arrogant I was. I wanted to apologize to you for my previous behaviour. Will you forgive me?" I can see the honesty in eyes and can see how guilty he is.

"Dhruv I am glad that you realized your mistakes. I don't have any grudges against you. So I forgive you." I said with a smile.

"Thank you.." He whispered.

We both stood there silently with a uncomfortable silence between us.

"So.. I'll see you around." I said while pressing my lips together.

"yeah..see you around." he said while giving me a nervous laugh.

I give him a smile and started walking again.

"Aaa....Preeti.. " I turned around when I hear him again calling my name.

"Can you tell me which one is Neha's room. I kind of lost and wanted to meet her." He said while rubbing his neck and smile sheepishly.

"third room of your right after taking a left turn from here."

He nodded his head and leave from there after giving me a smile.
........................................................................

I was sitting outside the mansion, at garden, making turmeric paste for Neha. I mixed in it rose petals and with some fragrance oil which help her glow.

"Di may I help you." I raised my head up and saw Keerti and Puja standing in front of me, towering over me.
I give them a smile and nodded my head.

"So Puja tell us about your love life in college." Keerti said while picking the rose from table and started plugging its petals.

"I don't have any love life in college. I came in a nerd category in my college but I have a crush though." Puja said while pouring oil in mixture.

"So tell him that you like him." Keerti said while throwing a rose petal on Puja's face.

"I can't..?" she said in a dull tone.

"why..?" I asked her while putting the bowel aside.

"A:- He is my senior, B:- He has a girlfriend and C:- He known as the most popular playboy in whole campus."

"Ooo..so this nerd is fell for a bad boy." Keerti said with a grin.

"Hmm... Yeah.. " Puja huffed.

"You tell, any boyfriend?" Puja asked her while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Ex-boyfriend.. " Keerti huffed.

"Are you heart broken?" Puja asked her worriedly.

"Naa.. " keerti waved her hand in front of her face.