Chapter 2

I walked into the cafeteria, got some fries and walked to the end where I usually sit with Maya. Like I suspected she wasn't there. I decided to eat in the library instead of staying there alone looking pathetic. I saw Jason on the way and he gave me a small smile and walked passed me like usual. I just continued walking.

Maybe I should talk about Jason. He is my twin. A soccer player, not the captain though and I don't think he can ever be as long as the coach's son is on that team. He is obviously popular and all that. He throws huge parties at different penthouses and club houses our family owns. Yeah we're rich but for some reason people think I am not. Maybe because I dress simple and not like the way brother or every other popular person dresses but well I'm just another teen girl.

School finally comes to an end. I receive a text from Maya. Seems like she suddenly felt like reappearing again.
*bestie❤️ : I'm waiting for you at the parking lot. Hurry up!*
I place my phone in my bag, my hands in my pockets and head out. I spot her car and get in. "Are you going to finally..."
" I kissed Jason" she said cutting me off.
"What?! When? How? What?!" So Maya and I have rules in our friendship and one of it is my brother is off limit. It's going to be weird if Maya and....ewww.
"Remember the party I told you I was going to on Saturday?" I nodded. " So like I met him there and things happened" she shrugs.
"Things?! What other things?!." Ok I know I might be exaggerating but leave it to me to be dramatic. " Nothing else I swear" she says crossing her heart. "Where you drunk?" "No. But then maybe he was".                                    "So then you like him?" I asked confused. " No. like I said things just happened" she said driving  out and I realized we were still in the parking lot.

I don't even know what to do now. Things will be weird when she comes to visit and that's exactly what I was trying to avoid. Another reason why I made up that rule is because if anything happens between them and they eventually break up, she might want to end our friendship and she's my only friend. I mean ONLY. I don't even talk to anyone else in that school. And then what of if... 

"Chloé! Get your butt out of my car" I'm snapped out of my thoughts and realized I was home. " Just promise me nothing will happen between you and my brother. I don't want anything to change between us" I say reaching out to hug her. "Ok ok now get out" she says jokingly pulling out of the hug. " Are you sure you don't like him?" She nods a no and I step out. Something inside tells me she does but I shrug it off hoping she really doesn't. You know what maybe I'll just follow Maya to one of this high school parties. Maybe. I laugh at the idea and walk inside.

********************************************
What do you think. Will something happen between Jason and Maya.
Well don't forget to vote and comment. Share your thoughts.
Mavi✨