26

"Mh, looks like you finally get it." Taehyung says, a genuine smile on his lips but Jungkook face falls a little.

"Which is good, great but..."

The omega shakes his head a little. "It's alright, I told you all alpha's run." The happy smile now a sad one. "I don't blame you, after all it's in your nature to want a submissive omega."

Jungkook stands frozen, unsure of what to say. Taehyung is right, he does want a submissive omega but he also wants Taehyung. Yet he's still unsure about his feelings for the younger an he doesn't want to lead him on. That would only break his heart more.

"I'm sorry." He finally manages to say. Feeling guilt take over his body as his wolf howls on the inside. "We can stay friends."

"Yeah definitely." The elder nods his head but with no enthusiasm whatsoever.

"I uh—" he pauses, unsure of what to say. He doubts anything will make the omega feel any better. "I'm sorry." With those final words he walks off, leaving Taehyung to do his homework.

He does realise he might've hurt the omega more than necessary. First coming to the revelation that Taehyung is more than just the title omega, only to then tell him that he doesn't want him because of that. Of course he doesn't know what the elder feels but the man was talking mates and marking not too long ago so there was something there.

His wolf is howling but he ignores it. That dumb beast seems to disappear whenever he wants to but now he suddenly wants to have a say.

It's better like this. No confusion and no unanswered questions of how he really feels about the omega. No more lying awake over unanswered questions because they no longer need an answer.

Him and Taehyung will remain friends and that's the end of their love story, if it ever was a love story to begin with. The most likely scenario is that they just missed each other, as best friends, and when meeting each other all those feelings came back. Friend to friend feeling that is. They must've mistaken it for liking each other while in fact they just missed each other and are scared to loose one another again.

It's a dumb mistake. How could he ever like Taehyung? They're like brothers.

He cringes at his own thoughts. He can't ever call them brothers again, not after the sexual things they done in the tent when they went camping. He should've never have shared a tent with the omega in the first place. He could've easily shared a tent with Jimin, at least the shorter's stinky alpha scent doesn't arouse him.

"And how did it go?" Jimin asks once he returns.

"Well, I now finally understand what he's been trying to tell me since we reconnected. But..." he sighs. "It's complicated, he's still going against me and my instincts."

"Tell me, honestly. You and Taehyung aren't just friends, right?" The elder alpha asks carefully.

"We weren't, I don't know what we were." Jungkook pauses before smiling sadly.

"Right now I doubt we're even friends."