15. Butterflies.

--Royal Chambers of Queen Sulekha --

Sulekha was pacing around the room as thin drops of sweat were rolling down her neck, she was more than worried about the situation they were caught in. Just in a small span of two days, they have lost all control they had, time and power were slipping right in front of her and if she didn't pull a brake on this situation her daughter would lose this golden opportunity of becoming a queen. It is as clear as a crystal that Chitra has already done a great job at wrapping Arjuna by her little finger.

"How? Just how did we reach this position!" Sulekha was so frustrated that she might pull her hair out any second.

"What's the use of crying over spilt milk my queen?" A deep female voice mocked Sulekha as she entered the room, a strong scent of Jasmines filled the room.

"Where have you been?" Asked Priyamvada, "Your plan went straight to the gutter!" She spoke in an accusing tone making that woman laugh as she made her way inside.

"My plan is always perfect dear. It is your dumbness to send a drunkard to do the job." Saying she stood by the nightstand observing a golden ornament which lay carelessly.

"Watch your tongue! Your job is to make plans-"

Even before Priyamvada could complete her sentence she began laughing loudly throwing her head back as if it was the funniest joke she ever heard. " Watch my tongue? Not once or twice, My queen, I have given you four golden chances to get rid of that little sparrow."

"But now," she moved towards the balcony at the end of the room opening the doors, letting the night's cool breeze in, "But now that sparrow met a cool breeze, which will remind the sparrow about her wings."

"Oh really?" Scoffed Priyamvada listening to those dramatic words and walked towards the spot where she stood, "Just in case you forgot, I am an expert in getting things out of my way. A little breeze is nothing I can't stop." Saying, she pulled the doors close, blocking the night's wind.

"When time's bad, even a little breeze can turn into a storm princess." She laughed as she spoke, "See to it that you don't get caught in that storm."

Little did they know that they were already caught in a heavy storm with no way out.

* * *

Arjuna resided back to his chambers where Chitra was sleeping. The Royal security minister of Ramapur got involved in the issue making it hard for them to take the situation in his hands, but the minister has promised to give a death sentence to that bastard and has requested him to return back to his chambers as the minister reasoned out that if this Chaos continues the Princesses reputation will be questioned. And Arjuna considered what he said, but had made sure that Ratan and Vikram were around so that the situation still remained in their hands.

He wanted to kill the bastard himself, but more than that he should be with Chitra when she wakes up. Arjuna entered the room as quietly as possible and pulled a chair near the bed and sat down observing her soft features, her dark eyelashes were fanning her cheek, a tiny nose which bought a smile on his face, who has such a small nose? He zipped his lips shut shaking his smile off his face when he realised that he was behaving like a teenager, amazed by how she was able to wake up such forbidden emotions in him.

Shortly, soft whimpers broke Arjuna's sleep. Chitra's face was sweating profusely as she was silently sobbing in her sleep.

"Chitra!" Arjuna called for her, trying to wake her up from her nightmare and when she finally woke after several calls, she started crying which confused him furthermore. Shouldn't she feel better after waking up from a nightmare?

"What happened? Why are you crying?" He asked as softly as possible.

"H-he i-is here, I saw h-him."

It pained him to see her in such a state, he sat on the bed and took her face in his hands.

"Look at me my queen, here." He was trying to get her focus on him and was doing his best to calm her down, gently wiping her tears with his thumb.

"You are in my chamber's and my guards are all around so it's impossible for him to enter." He spoke in a calming tone when she finally noticed her surroundings she almost stopped crying and focused on Arjuna. She slowly pulled herself out of his arms making him frown at this action, but he didn't react.

"My lord! Minister Ratan has requested your presence." A soldier's loud voice interrupted them.

"Looks like I have to go," He said making her lie down on the bed, "Have a peaceful sleep princess, my soldiers will be around-"

Her face broke out in an immediate panic as she registered that he might be leaving her alone. She clutched his arm tight not letting him go, silently pleading him to stay.

"Pl-please stay?" Chitra asked with uncertainty in her voice, somehow at this point, all she can do is trust him and desperately she wants to.

Arjuna sat down on the bed beside her locking her fingers in his hand as he spoke, "Whatever you order, my queen." Saying he poked her nose in a teasing way.

All her worries disappeared into thin air knowing that he was by her side, knowing that come what may he will never let go of her. A deep wave of sleep engulfed her and she happily drifted with it.

* * *

Chitra's deep sleep was broken only to find her head resting on Arjuna's lap as his right hand was resting around her shoulders. Blood rushed to her cheeks as she noticed their position, she immediately moved away making Arjuna stir awake from his sleep.

"Good morning princess." Arjuna's hoarse and smooth voice sent some unknown shivers down her spine.

"Um, m-morning." It was more than difficult to formulate words having him beside her and this close as all she could notice was his beautiful eyes and his muscular smell.

Flashing her a small sleepy smile he woke up stretching, "How are you feeling now?"

"I feel better now, just a slight headache," Chitra replied as yesterday's incidents were flooding back in her brain and her head started pounding as she started thinking about it,

"Good," Arjuna said, hopping down the bed walking out of the room.

Chitra bent forward from the position she sat straight on the bed, wondering where he left all at once. But soon he was back with a small silver plate in his hand.

"Here." He handed her a plate full of ripe mangoes which were cut into small pieces.

Her mouth almost watered as the sweet smell hit her nostrils. Without any hesitation, she popped a piece in her mouth as a small sigh escaped her mouth.

"Thank you but how did you know that I love mangoes?"

He smiled as he signed her to eat more, "My sister turns the palace upside down if she doesn't get her plate of mangoes when she has a headache, she says sweet stuff helps heal her headache." Saying, he bent forward and wiped a small stain on her chin.

Chitra moved her head to a side trying to hide her blush, "Yo-you have a sister?" she asked, trying to hide her nervousness.

"Yes, a very naughty one though. You will see for yourself soon." Arjuna replied smiling as he took the empty plate from her hand.

Chitra raised her head in surprise listening to those words. Even after this terrible incident, he was willing to marry her?

"We are getting married in two days." He informed her as he took her slender fingers in his hand giving her a smile making her heart race like a wild animal and she had a weird feeling in her stomach, is this the feeling? A feeling of having butterflies in your stomach?

* * *

Hey there ! Don't forget to press the star down here 🌟