Happy Ending Family Gathering

Lauren woke up to a paw on her chin, and she knew to get up before the claws came out.

She got up, grabbing her robe, and put food into the cat's bowl, stretching after.

Lauren then did her routine, watering her succulents on the balcony, turning on the news, making breakfast, writing down groceries, and going to wake up Josh.

"Honey it's time to get up." She gently rocked him out of his slumber.

Josh got up abruptly and put on some pants, then followed his girlfriend into the kitchen.

They are in silence, with the news in the background. A few gurgles came from the cat here and there but it was peaceful.

"So," Josh started, "your not hoping for a ring sometime soon right?"

Lauren spat out her bacon and wiped her mouth, "Oh no hun, I mean I personally wouldn't mind at this point in our lives but it's not like I am making wedding plans."

Her eyes darted to the basket full of wedding magazines in the cupboard below the utensils. The only cupboard Josh doesn't care to look at, nor know what's inside.

"Good cuz I don't think your family likes me enough to allow me to marry you" his voice was soft and low.

She looked down in disappointment, she wanted to marry him but maybe he didn't feel the same way? Seemed like a lame excuse.

They went upon their day as usual. Lauren went to her computer to work on her company and Josh went to the hospital to attend his usual and unusual patients.

~

"Honey," Lauren's voice echoed through the home, "what time are we supposed to be at the farm again?"

Josh's voice echoed back, "In about twenty minutes hun!"

They rushed out the door to the car where the fifteen minute drive awaited.

Soon they came to the house and  they brought out the pies and turkey to the kitchen where more food sat.

"Smells delicious!" Lauren's mother sang.

Lauren smiles knowing it was Josh's cooking and baking that made their mouth's water.

The evening went on and towards the end Josh and the boys left to go outside to get firewood. Lauren and her parents waiting for the boys to come back.

"So we heard he wants to marry you" Lauren spat out her wine in horror from what her mother just said.

She wiped off the red juice and licked her lips, "To be honest I don't know. He seemed like he did but also had a strange excuse not to."

Her father sighed, "Well we couldn't let him marry you unless we were certain."

Lauren scrunched you her face, "What-"

A presence behind her interrupted her question and she turned to see Josh on his knee.

She gasped in surprise and Josh spoke, "Lauren my dear- we couldn't be married until we knew for certain that you wanted me but today you proved you do. You've been hiding your emotions so much I had to be sure. Then I heard you and I knew it was time. Especially with everyone you love here by your side. Lauren, my love of my life I knew you were the one when I first laid eyes on you. Your live truly set me free and I am forever greatful.

"Honey I wanna make you the happiest person on this planet by asking you to be my wife...so, will you?" His voice got smaller by the end from the nerves he felt.

Lauren was in shock but in awe and couldn't help but scream "Yes! Oh yes, Josh! Yes!"

The family cheered as the ring slipped onto her finger and a huge family hug was placed.

The family congratulated them and had already started planning the wedding. Lauren looked for Josh in the crowd of family members to find him off to the side with the biggest smile on his face. His arms raised and his hands formed to show a heart.

She smiled and continued with the mess of the ceremony chatter.

They both knew this was going to be the best year yet, especially with the little one on the way, unknowing to the couple or family.

Well of course Josh knew, he could smell the knew blood mixed from within but he kept it to himself as he didn't want to ruin this moment. For there will be more in the future, more surprises to come.

~~~~~~~~

•Fin•

Thank you everyone for your support to help me continue my book. I'm so glad it's finally finished and thankful you have granted me the honour of having my book a part of your life. I wish you all well and happiness to come.

-Sheylyn M
           -Your writer.