tw e n t y s i x

"j-jaemin please wake up.."

kiyeon sobbed beside the unconscious boy, tightly holding his hand as tears escape her eyes. renjun was there beside her, an arm around her shoulders as a form of comfort.

beads of sweat had trickledown taeyong's face as he tries to do cpr to jaemin. he trained in the medical field for a while in his life before quitting to learn how to start his own business instead.

the skill was a huge help right now.

the older kept pumping his chest and blowing air into the boy's mouth as he tries to get him to breathe.

the boys were surrounding him, both either crying or nervously watching.

kiyeon was the worst out of them all. she was crying nonstop.

jaemin was laying lifeless on the ground, taeyong on him trying to get him to breathe again.

he wasn't giving up.

taeyong tried and tried,

but he wasn't budging.

then, a sudden intake of breath had stole their attention as the boy's chest started going up and down after taeyong had placed the last blow of air into the mouth.

jaemin was back.

"oh my god.." kiyeon muttered out and cried even more, immediately engulfing the boy into the biggest hug.

taeyong smiles once he saw that jaemin had finally started breathing again. due to the work he just put in, the boy immediately collapsed into the ground as he pants in heavily.

🐰

kiyeon smiled softly as she holds the boy's hand into her own, rubbing it gently with her thumb. she was so scared that she could actually loose jaemin. but thankfully he regained his consciousness and was sent to her bedroom to rest more.

what happened hours ago was...weird.

the others were thankfully doing fine after a few minutes but it was jaemin that made her think it was weird. how come the others were okay but not him?

it did take awhile for taeyong to save him but he did and she was thankful for that.

but what mattered right now to her was jaemin and only him.

"nana..?" she softly whispers and looks at his beautiful face being lit through the sun rays passing by the curtains.

she couldn't sleep at all. she was up all night watching over the boy to make sure he was safe.

the boy stirs in his sleep and slowly opens his eyes to meet his own with the girl's brown orbs.

jaemin smiles softly and brought all his energy to carry her hand and give a small kiss on top of it. the gesture failed to make kiyeon calm as her cheeks turned red immediately.

they stare into each other's eyes for awhile, taking in the other's presence.

then, jaemin suddeny remembered something important that she needed to know.

the frown on his face made kiyeon notice immediatey that something was wrong. "what's the matter?" she asked.

jaemin gulped and coughed before speaking in a while. "i know why i am like this right now." he says with a hoarseness evident in his voice.

curious, the girl asked. "why? tell me, jaemin."

the boy struggled to find the right words, staring worriedly at her eyes before speaking again.

"i can't fall in love."

"w-what...?"

kiyeon was im shock. of course to any other person, that would sound just weird. "what do you mem? why?"

jaemin sighed and held her hands tighter. "an old lady once told me that i must not feel this emotion, love. i can't and shouldn't ever fall in love and if i do, something bad will happen."

"i fell unconscious because of it, kiyeon."

by now, the girl started crying again. tears had fallen from her beautiful eyes as she stares at jaemin. the tears on her face made the boy worry.

the pink haired tried his best to sit up on the bed and immediately pull her into a hug as she cries into his shoulders.

"t-this is m-my fault..." she chokes up.

jaemin shook his head no and cupped her face with both of his hands, wiping her tears with his thumbs. "look at me. this will never be your fault okay?"

"i love you and you should know that."

kiyeon stopped crying.

jaemin leaned closer to her face to the point his breath could be felt against her own lips.

"i......" the girl trailed off.

"i love you too."

their lips crash against each other as they savour their moment together. it was a soft kiss but deep inside it had deep meanings.

meanings only the both of them can understand.

and on her bracelet, the time ticked.

14 hours left.