Chapter 13: The Others...

I sat down, I could tell it was starting to get fairly late. I had seen that the sun was falling down on the horizon. It was about to get a bit cold for the night, Aidan and Christian had the walls so no more of the dead should be able to get in.
I just wanted to lay down and sleep, but I knew that I could not, Liam is out there somewhere, I knew it. He was so scared, he had no idea what might be going on, if Lilly was gone then he would not have her there to keep him safe.
I had to find him, he could be locked up in the same place that I was in that night that my mother and stepfather had died. I wanted so badly to just fall asleep like Tyler was right now, he must have had a late shift at the tower and had hid here with Andrew.
Maybe he had been asleep this whole time that happened. But I ruled that out as a possibility right away, why would he just randomly be locked up with Andrew in the storage shed? Andrew noticed that I was looking at Tyler and he nodded to me to explain what was going on.
"I found him by himself watching the massacre. When he saw your sister, Angela I noticed right away that he was going to run over and help her..." He said to me. I looked at him for a few moments, and I was a bit upset if I was going to be honest with myself.
I wondered why he would not have let Tyler do that... Tyler was in love with Angela, if you were angry you were a lot stronger than normal, I bet Tyler could have saved her right?
"Why didn't you let him? He could have saved my sister... If she is not with them of course." I said at the last part, I could not rule that out as a possibility. I wish I could say it was not possible because she was my sister. There always seemed to be a strange side to her and she often hid things from me.
If she knew, or maybe even made sure that Liam was safe somewhere, and she knew that I was outside the walls she could have been helping the other community all along. I felt sick just even thinking about it like that, but I coule not just so it was not possible.
"Ben... There were at least 50 of them there... Tyler had a pistol and they had rifles. What do you think the odds were?" Andrew said to me. I looked at him for a few moments and then I nodded to him. He was right, but I just wanted to find someone to blame for all of this, besides my sister.
"Well, I hope it was not my sister, I won't say that it wasn't but we cant say that it isn't until we get further proof and can bring back the community." I said to him. He looked at me for a few moments and then nodded before he sat down beside me on the same bench.
I was doing my best to keep my head high, but it was just so hard to do with all of the thoughts that were racing through my mind right now. But I knew one thing was for sure, I had to go find my brother, if it were true then Angela would have made sure that he was safe somewhere.
I tried waiting as long as possible already but now I knew that it was time, I looked over at Andrew. He was staring at Tyler to make sure that he was safe. Probably hoping that he had not hit him too hard, then he looked at me noticing that I was looking at him.
"You good there Ben? You got something on your mind, I can tell... What is it?" He said to me. I put my head to the ground, I was so afraid that I might find my brother dead. If I did I would never be the same again. I looked at him, I could not lie to him, I was a bad liar.
I shook my head at him, he looked at me and then nodded. I knew that he would respect me if I decided that I did not want to tell him what it was, but I kind of did, I had a lot of dark thoughts on my mind, when I was younger I would go to him to express them.
It had been so long though, I had stopped talking to all of my so called friends and just stayed at home alone a lot of the time. The time outside the walls that I had been spending with Christian was a bit of a wake up call for me, even though even then we did not talk all that much.
"I am worried, about my brother. I don't want to find him dead, if he is dead, I will die with him. My heart can not handle this much." I said to him. He looked at me for a few moments before he nodded once again. He was thinking of how to respond to it.
"Well... I don't really know much of how to help you with that, you just have to hope that you will find him alive. I still have hope that one day I will find my wife. If they took your sister they might have taken her." He said to me. I looked at him and nodded, I did not even dare tell him about what Tony had told me they had been doing with woman and kids.
"If I don't find him... Or if I do, it will kill me either way." I said to him. He looked at me for a few moments, and then he looked down at the ground. I felt bad for him, but my mind was not on him right now, or his wife. I just needed to make sure that Liam was okay.
I looked at him for a few more moments, then I looked at Tyler, I hoped that he would be okay, I knew it would hurt him after Shannon told everyone that was left in the community the news about how Angela had betrayed us. I shook my head and then Andrew looked over at me a bit confused.
"Where you going kid? Stay in here with us, it is safer than going out there in the dark with the gates open." He said to me. I looked at him for and then I shook my head at him, he looked at me a bit confused which I could not blame him for.
"Christian and Aidan are closing the gates, there will still be dead around, but I will pay attention, I am just going over to Lilly's to make sure that she and him are okay. That is where Liam would have gone first." I said to him. He looked at me understanding but then he looked a bit confused after he took all of it in.
"Aidan? Who is that?" He said to me. I looked at him and then realized why he did not know who that was. I had completely forgotten to tell him about the other group that we had found, I suppose it did not really matter much anymore.
"He's a part of a group that me and Christian found in the mountains, they too had been attacked by the same community. We came back because we heard that you guys were getting attacked but we were too late." I said to him. He looked at me and then he nodded his understanding.
Then he lowered his head and began shaking it which confused me a bit. Was there something that he was not telling me? The look on his face did not specify that, but I was not the best at reading the thoughts of the others around me.
"I don't think it would have mattered, there were too many of them, too many guns, we would have had to have had more guns and been able to train our people, you were a few hours late but it would not have mattered." He said to me. I looked at him sadly for a few moments.
I knew that he was right, one thing I did know that would make him feel better was that we were with his son, and his son was at least safe. I wish I could say the same about his wife, but there was not much I could do.
"Andrew... Jordan is here, we are meeting back up and the community house if you want to come with me..." I said to him. I noticed right away that it got his hopes up. I smiled, at least that was one thing that was good that I had done today.
I looked down at my bruise from the bite that had happened earlier. I did not want to tell anyone about it, I was still a bit afraid. If it was the end for me I did not want people to freak at, I wanted to enjoy my final moments like it was normal and it was not the end for me.
I hid it away before Andrew noticed it, I just had to hope that a simple bruise would not kill me, I did not want to freak everyone out. I was not sure if it would or not, I was not bleeding but it could have still gotten in my system.
"I need to be here for when Tyler wakes up. Just tell him that I am here and that I am safe." He said to me. I looked at him and then nodded my understanding, he was right he should make sure that Tyler was safe before he should be greedy and go see his son. If Tyler woke up and saw the community in shables he would freak out.
But then I heard a cough from the other side of the shed. I looked over and I saw Tyler lift his head up but then grabbing onto it in. He looked like a was in quite a bit of pain. I looked over at Andrew, how hard had he hit him?
"No need... Im up, I've got a terrible ass headache though, what is Ben doing here? What the hell happened? Last thing I remember was seeing Angela with a bunch of people I had never seen before." He asked us. I felt a bit bad for him, but Andrew did need to make sure that he was safe before he went after Angela to try and save her.
Andrew looked at me, but he was the one who needed to talk, I would go into further detail about it when the time needed to come. He then nodded realizing that he was the one that needed to talk, considering he was the one that had knocked him unconscious.
"I had to knock you out, you were going to go after Angela, you would not have made it far against all of them, we need as many people like you safe if possible." He said to Tyler. Tyler looked at him a bit confused, but then he realized what Andrew had meant and he looked a bit upset.
I felt a bit bad for him, but what Andrew had done in the long run was the right call. Who knows what would have happened to him if he had went over to the council. I would have to take the side of Andrew if Tyler was going to get in a bit of a fuss about it.
"Who says that? What happened? I don't remember hardly any of it... I heard someone say something about her betraying us, when I had first woken up... How so?" He asked us. I looked at Andrew, but it was my turn to be the one that needed to talk as Andrew shrugged his shoulders at me.
"Tyler, we know you are in love with Angela, you would have done anything to go and help her." I said to him. He lowered his head for a few moments, but then he lifted it up with a look that was saying that he was a bit upset at us at the same time.
"How so? Just because I am, does not mean that I am stupid." He said to us. I looked at Andrew at the same time. It was a good question, I was not there to see what all had been going on so I did not know how to respond to it, but Andrew was fairly fast to respond to it.
"Tyler, you were already walking towards her, whether or not you would remember it or even have noticed it, I am not sure. But I needed to make sure that you were safe." Andrew said to Tyler. Tyler looked at the ground a bit sadly but then he nodded to Andrew understanding what he was saying.
Andrew then looked at me and then nodded, I felt bad for Tyler but he had to know that what Andrew had done had been the right call in the long run surely right? Andrew then began talking to the both of us. I payed attention to what it was that he had to say.
"Well... Now that Tyler is up, I want to go make sure that my son is okay, so lets go see the others..."