Chapter 23

Naina pov:

Ring...Ring...Rejected

My face fell when Sahil didn't picked up the video call. He's addicted to his mobile phone and when I wanted to take advantage of his addiction he betrayed me.

Suddenly Adi's mobile phone flashed showing a video call from Sahil. Adi picked it up and adjusted the mobile phone in a suitable angle.

" Hi jiju" Smiling face of Sahil appeared. " Hi sahil" Adi replied with a smirk. Wow!! Payback time.

" Whose this aunty beside you?" my nose flared with anger. " Just wait till tomorrow Sahil then I will tell you who I am".

Tomorrow is my phagphera rasam.

( The bride comes back to her home first time after the marriage. Girls are considered as the Goddess of Lakshmi and thus the bride comes back to her home to ensure the best future of her parents)

Both laughed at my statement. " Where's mom and dad?" I asked curiously because he was sitting on the sofa alone.

"They are eating their breakfast, wait let me go there" he replied and started going through an extremely familiar path.

Adi passed the mobile phone to me to talk to them alone. I smiled in return.

" See how they are missing you while eating their breakfast" seeing them all the events repeated in my head and my eyes filled with tears. Listening to Sahil's voice there faces lightened up like a Christmas tree.

" Hii Naina" my mom and dad hurriedly left her seat and came close to the screen.

" How are you? Did you had any problem while cooking?" Mom mode was on. I was showered with questions.

My dad was looking at me lovingly like I am the most precious gem of the world.

" I am great mom, don't worry about anything. I am just missing you all" I said with a huge smile.

Adi was smilling ear to ear.

" We miss you too princess" my dad replied with a longing smile.

" Don't get so upset, I am coming tomorrow. Make my favourite dishes for me " I said while imagining the delicious dishes.

" Ofcourse dear" Mom said smiling and I suddenly realised.

" Sahil, give them their medicine after breakfast. If dad make a fuss call me. I have messaged you their schedule and medicine names."

" Ok di (sis)" he replied.

" You all do your breakfast ok, we will talk later" I said and hung up the call.

"Thank you so much, your are the best" I said while handing him his mobile phone. Our faces embraced with huge smiles.

" I know I am" he said flaunting his head like a model.

I laughed at his antics.

Suddenly a knock came from the door. I opened the door and a grumpy Akshu was standing there.

" Come in, let me get the oil" She sat on the bed like her brother and I started massaging her head. Adi was seating beside me.

Gradually she fell asleep on the bed. We both slowly left the room and went to the garden.

It was a huge well maintained garden with a sitting space in the center. The weather was great.

We both sat on the sofa and started talking. Today is our reception.

" So Naina today my friends will be coming who were not able to attend the wedding" he continued with a sorrowful face. "You know sometimes I feel I am so lucky ".

"What are you talking about Adi" I said perplexed.

" I and Rahul are friends from childhood . Our parents were friends from childhood. But, when Rahul was 2 his parents met with an accident and died. He was oprhaned at just an age of 2. Then, his relatives took him with him and they tortured him with keeping him hungry, beating him because they wanted his dad property. When he was 7 he ran away from that home, I don't know how he survived. But my dad recognised him at a street in hills. Rahul's face is the exact copy of his dad".

" Dad and Mom adopted him and sued his relatives. He was so scared of everyone when he came. If someone tried to touch him he would scream because of the trauma" he said sorrowfully.

" Even Alia was same. Her parents wanted a boy but she was born. They didn't love her. They used to beat her for small things. She left them and came to my house at the age of 16. My parents loved her like her own."

We both knew what we have to do now.

" So I have 2 more friends which I came across in high school. Aarham and Uday. "

" I, Rahul and Uday were the three musketeers of the our school. Girls were used to fawn on us. Boys were afraid of us. We were popular and some people also called us rich brats. Udayveer was the step son of Singh family. He was hated by his family. He started his own business and now was a successful business. But, One year ago he got in an accident and he was crippled. He changed after that accident. He aloofed himself from everyone. He has become the laughing stock of his family. He's recently got married but the girl was forced to marry him."

" Aarham was blind from birth. He was bullied in school. We saved him one time and then our friendship started. He was very intelligent and kind. His parents loved him. He joined his family business. He also recently got married to a girl found by his dad."

" So my every friend has something missing in his life. But, I got everything from a great family to a loving wife". He said while holding me from my waist and hugged me.

" I am so lucky" he said in my ear. I blushed from his words.

I Buried my face in his neck while hugging him tightly.

"Everyone will complete their journey to love"

*************

Hello my lovely readers!!!❤️

Do you like the new characters!❤️

Yes! I am thinking about their individual stories❤️

2020 has given too much stress and sorrow to everyone. Be happy ❤️

Next update on Sunday ❤️

Please comment,vote and share❤️