Sexuality

Third Person POV:

Harry was confused to say the least.

Was he gay?

I mean, he had to be if he had asked a boy to help him with dating skills and had allowed that same boy to kiss him almost twice.

But then he thought about Ginny. He still thought she was beautiful and had a great personality, so he couldn't be fully gay but then he couldn't be fully straight.

He'd never liked a boy before, but if he was enjoying kissing Malfoy, who was definitely a boy, then something was wrong. 

He couldn't ask Hermione; she'd try and hunt down the boy who he was talking about and he wasn't ready to tell her about the Malfoy plan, and Ron would not be any help at all. He'd probably say something along the lines of him not being gay so he wouldn't know himself.

Harry thought harder; he wanted to deny it, but there was no point. The answer was so obviously in front of him.

He was bisexual.

Harry got up out of his bed, taking the invisibility cloak and wearing it to go to the top of the astronomy tower. As soon as he got there, he saw Draco with his lips pressed into a firm line, sitting against the wall. Harry took off his cloak, alerting Draco's attention.

"Didn't think you were coming Potter. Better late then never I suppose." Draco snorted out, but the mischievous spark that had once appeared in his eyes had disappeared as he started to bite his lip, a habit Harry had never noticed before.

"Yeah.. I didn't think so either." He replied. 

A stillness surrounded the two as Harry tried to resist the urge to ask Draco if he was okay.

"Ask what you want to ask Potter instead of fidgeting. You're making me nervous."Draco joked. Harry would've been surprised at jokey Draco and may have even laughed if he wasn't looking at how dejected Draco looked. He was wondering how the boy's mood changed so quick from when he saw him at dinner to now.

"What happened?"

Only two words but Draco understood what he was asking. Draco wasn't even sure why he himself had showed up. He could've stood up Harry and sulked by himself in his bed. But he had wanted company. Of course he had his Slytherin friends, but they weren't as understanding as he would've wanted them to be. So instead, he came here for the fresh air, a tiny part of him hoping the Gryffindor boy would show up.

And he did.

Which is why Draco decided to talk to him. Maybe it was the restlessness or the desperation to tell someone- whatever it was, Draco couldn't help but confide in Harry.

"My father." Draco stopped to look at Harry's reaction , waiting for Harry to ridicule him for having such stupid problems,but he didn't. His face showed one of concern as he went to sit down next to Draco. 

"Everything I do is a disappointment to him. He's embarrassed of me, I know he is. The way he steps slightly away from me when we're in the streets or when he says 'Oh why can't you be more like this person?'. I want him to be proud of me, but I know he never will be." Draco hung his head down in shame, wishing he could swallow back the words he had just said. 

He sounded so pathetic compared to the problems Harry was facing and had faced before.

Harry just stared, taking in what Draco had said. A part of him was happy that Draco had actually opened up to him a bit, but then he also felt the sadness radiating from the boy, and that made him upset.

"You are not a disappointment at all. You're one of the smartest people I know. Yes, you may be a coward sometimes and you may be very rude to my friends and I, especially me when you say quite hurtful things and insult us for things we can't really control an-" 

Draco turned his head to look at Harry, a small smile on his lips.

"For some absurd reason Potter, I don't think that's the definition of cheering a person up." Draco teased.

Harry let out a bit of a forced laugh; even though he hadn't exactly said the most motivational words, he hadn't made it worse. He decided to bask in the silent, not wanting to say anything more that would dig him into a deeper hole. 

Maybe it was because of all the sleepless nights he had recently, Harry's eyes began to droop as he tried to fight the sleep, but the sleep was winning. He laid his head on the hard ground for a few seconds before deeming it too uncomfortable too sleep on and instead turned to the other side to lie in Draco's lap.

"Can I put my head here? Ground's uncomfy sorry." 

Draco didn't even have the chance to say no as he heard soft snores coming from the brown haired boy. Who sleeps that quickly? He thought.

"Yes sounds about right. Ask a question then fall asleep before an answer." 

Sarcasm dripped from Draco's voice. He wasn't really sure what to do. Should he just go to sleep as well? He looked down at Harry, his hair looked so soft and he couldn't resist the urge to run his hand through Harry's hair, so he didn't. 

As he ran his fingers though the younger's hair, he heard a small moan come from the boy's mouth. He immediately stopped, thinking he had hurt him, but when he realised what had happened, he chuckled, returning his hands to Harry's hair, thinking about what Harry's reaction would be, as he himself dozed off.

A/N: I didn't really know how to end it but I think the ending was cute kind of lol. this is going fast but it is a short story so yeah. Enjoy reading and enjoy Father Felton's singing. 23/08/20

edited 14/08/20: i made harry's gay realisation a bit longer, still kinda short but yk harry's just accepting like that bahaha.