14. Fake relations

In the evening everyone was waiting for Anika. She reached late so everyone bombarded her with questions.

Anika: what happened guys?
Gauri: why are you late?
Anika: I had a meeting with my to be husband.
Bhavya: what?(shocked)
Aradhya: What are you saying Anika?
Shanaya: did you meet Shivaay?
Anika: no, I met Dev Malhotra. He was my friend back in our university's day but then we lost contact because he moved to Australia for his business. Now, he is back and I explained him my situation and he is ready to marry me.
Armaan: are you doing a deal?
Anika: yes! I can't face embarrassment and insult in front of media because of Oberois. Moreover Dev needs help in business and I need a groom urgently.
Aradhya: do you think that marriage is a game!(angry)
Anika: yes, grandma. I have seen my parents marriage breaking in front of my eyes. I have trusted Shivaay but he backs tabbed me. Now I will do what I will think it's beneficial for me.
Aradhya: but Anika...
Anika: grandma! Enough I listened to everyone but now I will decide myself what's good and bad for me.
Armaan: how can you decide for yourself?
Anika: my whole life everyone took decisions for me, without asking me if I wanted it or not. But now I'm mature enough to decide for myself. Tomorrow I have arranged a party for all the media to meet my fiancee. Now please excuse me.

She left for her room while everyone was shocked, how easily she handled herself but everyone was worried that she is going to do a deal marriage instead of an arranged or love marriage. How is going to survive in a relationship where there isn't love. Gauri quickly called Om and told him everything and invited them to tomorrow's party.

Om came and told his family about whatever Gauri said and Shivaay was shocked that how can Anika move on soo easily. He asked Om to accompany him to Rajput mansion.

They both reached Rajput mansion, everyone was upset with Shivaay but he said he just wants to talk to Anika. Armaan didn't wanted him to meet his daughter but Aradhya let him and Bhavya accompanied him to Anika's room. After accompanying him, Bhavya left and Shivaay was waiting outside her room and didn't knew how to talk to to her or start a conversation.

He knocked on the door and didn't hear any response so he slowly opened the door and entered. He was shocked to see her room empty, then he moved towards the library. He entered the library and saw her working there. He cleared his throat to gain her attention. Anika was shocked to see him standing in her library.

Anika: you!(shouted)

Shivaay ran to her and closed her mouth with his hand, she tried pushing him away but he was stronger than her. He twisted her hands behind her back and held them tightly.

Shivaay: please don't shout! Listen to me!(he took off his hand from her mouth)
Anika: listen to you? Are you serious?
Shivaay: I'm sorry! Please forgive me.
Anika: I told you last time that never break my trust but I think you feel pleasure by watching me in pain.
Shivaay: it's not like that, I'm sorry. I'm really ashamed of myself. I know I did a mistake but give me a chance.
Anika: chance? Do I look dumb to you? I will  never let your shadow on me. I will destroy you Shivaay if you create another blunder.
Shivaay: why are you soo stubborn?
Anika: I'm not stubborn and I won't marry you even if you are the last man on earth.
Shivaay: we will see.

He gently left her hands and went away while Anika only kept staring at his retreating shadow. She was hurt but more than that she was angry.

The next day's evening
Rajput mansion was full of guests and media. All reputable families were there including Oberois and Malhotras. Shivaay was standing with his family while Dev Malhotra came with his parents. He was a handsome man indeed!

Shivaay, for the first time felt insecure

Shivaay, for the first time felt insecure. He was scared if Anika really marries Dev, then she will leave him. For the ever first time Shivaay was feeling havoc because of Anika leaving him and choosing Dev over him.

Anika came as well with her family, she greeted everyone and hugged Dev. It was a friendly hug but Shivaay was burning from inside. He wanted Anika to be his  no matter what! Anika was behaving indifferent with Shivaay. He couldn't take this much ignorance and attitude from Anika.

Anika introduced Dev to Rajputs and then to the media. Party started in full glow and people were dancing and enjoying after all Anika Rajput was the host!

Anika and Dev stood at the corner, they were talking with each other.

Dev: are you sure Anika? About all this?
Anika: I'm totally fine with everything.
Dev: you know that you can back off, I won't mind.
Anika: I'm totally fine and if you don't want me as your wife then you can back off.
Dev: look Anika! You are a very dear friend of mine but a marriage without full consent or love is hard.
Anika: arranged marriages are like this! People do fall in love after marriage.
Dev: I want to see you happy with or without me.
Anika: Don't worry Dev, I'm more than happy.
Dev: I can see that! (Sarcastically)
Anika: huh?
Dev: from the time we entered this party, you can't take off your eyes from Shivaay and vice versa. I think you guys are perfect for each other.
Anika: we aren't compatible enough to marry each other. He deserves a woman who makes him happy and someone who can handle his childish tantrums. Which I sadly can't!
Dev: why are you so negative about him?
Anika: I'm saying the truth. I know it's bitter to hear.
Dev: look Anika, he is a human. He made mistakes and now he is repenting and asking for a chance, but now you are being unfair.
Anika: Dev I don't want to spoil our time, please just close his topic.

Everyone left after the party ended, only Shivaay, Om, Rudra and Dev were left with Rajputs. Anika went into poolside area with Dev and whispered something to him to which he smiled and giving her a friendly hug, he left. Shivaay saw this and after Dev left, he went to Anika. She was back facing him. He pinned her to the wall and held her hands tightly behind her back.

Anika: what the hell are you doing?
Shivaay: I can ask the same.
Anika: I don't owe you any explanations.
Shivaay: sweetheart you do!(angrily)

He caressed her face from his fingers and she shivered under his touch. He smirked seeing her shivering.

Shivaay: why are you shivering?
Anika: I'm not shi..shivering.
Shivaay: I can see that.

He inched closer to her face and he gave a small kiss on her cheek which was beetroot red now, due to his closeness.

Shivaay: I love seeing you blush sweetheart!

Anika realised her position and quickly pushed him away. He was a bit taken aback.

Anika: you can't do this!
Shivaay: do what?(innocently)
Anika: you just can't touch me. I'm soon marrying Dev.
Shivaay: try to marry him baby! I will never let you succeed.

Anika was shocked seeing him soo confident and relaxed. He came closer, gave her a peck on her forehead and left.

Precap: first kiss.