↳ lonely - K.C

"hey! do you wanna hang out today?" i asked through the phone as cora's voice laced with hesitation- a string of 'uhm' and 'ohs' following.

i hadn't seen her since her make up line launched, and while i was happy for her and all but she didn't even spend any time with me anymore. i couldn't even remember the last time we spent quality time together, and it was really starting to affect me.

i threw my phone on my bed and ran my fingers through my hair. at this rate, i wouldn't even have a girlfriend anymore. being considerate went a long way.

i decided that there was no point dwelling on it and went downstairs to hang out with the boys.

"yeah yeah sure don't worry cors. bye." bryce's voice echoed through the house as I froze. cors was cora's nickname. why was she talking to bryce if she didn't even have the time to talk to me.

i went back upstairs, hands clenched into fists. waiting for a few minutes, i descended back downstairs so that it wouldn't seem like I was eavesdropping or anything. i sat down beside the guys as they gamed on jaden's ps5.

"bryce, cora is calling." josh's screamed from the kitchen.

bryce's eyes shot up at me as I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him in confusion.

"it's not what it looks like." he suddenly blurted out as I raised my eyebrows in shock.

look like?

"dude what the fuck." i stated as he stood up from the sofa and shook his head.

"no no you're getting the wrong idea." he replied trying to probably negotiate his way out of it.

"no I think I've heard enough." i scoffed, getting up from my sofa as josh came running into the living room.

"it's ready." he trailed off, when he saw me. i made direct eye contact with him as his eyes continued glancing between me and bryce.

"come with me." bryce finally said trying to tug at my arm.

"no." i deadpanned like a 6 year old on steroids. not that 6 year olds take drugs.

"kio just please listen to me." bryce pleaded as josh made way for us. i followed him out, still keeping my eyes on the ground.

i was probably overreacting but why would cora make time for bryce if she couldn't even make time to hang out with me. everything pointed towards the worst possible outcome. that she was cheating on me.

as we got out of the house, into the backyard, something hit my eye and it definitely wasn't the sun, considering that it was night at the moment.

i looked up, my eyes widening at the sight infront of me. infront of me were fairy lights covering the trees, a small tablecloth, over which was a picnic basket bigger than the size of- well it was big. and moreover, cora was standing beside all of it.

she ran up to me as i felt bryce pat my back and leave the scene alone with me and my girlfriend.

"do you like it?" she asked, curiously as i just nodded my head, my mouth still agape.

"bryce and josh helped me decorate the trees." she continued as i nodded again.

"you know considering that i couldn't spent any time with you." she added again as i just stared at her in disbelief.

"you. cora brockman, are a complete angel." i finally said almost out of breath as she laughed and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"cmon the food will get cold dummy." she chuckled as i shook my head and laughed, following her to the picnic before us.

we talked and had fun the whole night, I mean we would've probably passed out outside if it weren't for all the ants.