New year's eve.

Amanda.

She gathered her hair in a ponytail and applied mascara. Then added some highlighter on her cheekbones.

She was ready. She was wearing a tight black mini skirt and a maroon sweater blouse with black thigh highs and black heeled boots.

Her phone pinged, It was Jung. They were celebrating New year's eve together at his place. He had prepared dinner. He told her that he could cook well.

She was excited.

She decided to take her mom's car to Jung's place. Yeah, She still didn't get her car.

She took the long route to his house. 

She had a boyfriend now, who loved her. He looked at her with admiration. With respect. With love. 

She was happy, She was very happy. But, she wanted to get away from Ansel. After all, she did have feelings for him. Once upon a time...

She took a deep breath.

Ansel.

Why can't they be friends? He confused her.

His eyes, his behavior confused her.

Twenty minutes later she was parked outside Jung's place.

He greeted her with a kiss on the cheek, which surprised her but she soon understood why he did that.

There was a Korean woman in the living room.

"This is Amanda, Eomma," Jung held out his hand to Amanda. The woman stood up, She looked young.

"Hello Amanda, I'm Jung's mother," She did not have an American accent like Jung but she spoke English just as well.

Amy shook her hand and looked at Jung.

"Eomma decided to surprise me, she came alone." He explained.

"I'll not intrude, Pleased to meet you. I hope we meet again," She kissed Amanda on the cheek and turned away to make her way upstairs.

"I just met your mom," Amy said.

"Yes, you did," 

"She's so young!" 

"She's 43, but yeah we Koreans always look young," He ran his hand through his hair and laughed.

"Wow, She's pretty and nice,"

"I'm glad you like her, She likes you too. I told her so much about you it was hard not to,"

"That's a relief," She wrapped her arms around his waist and looked up at him.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"I love you, Jung-Wook." 

"I love you more, Amanda Jean." He replied while leaning down to kiss her.

After they pulled away Jung took her hand in his.

"Come on, let's eat,"

They made their way to the kitchen, He had set the table beautifully. With red roses in the center of the tables and little candles around them.

"I cooked steaks, I hope you'll like them,"

"I'll love them!" 

Jung smiled.

God, I wanna eat him. Forget the steaks.

Amanda thought.

"You just said that out loud," Jung informed her.

"Oh, I- god. This is embarrassing." Her face turned red.

"Let's have dinner first and then," He walked towards her, bent down, and captured her lips with his. He pulled away a few seconds later. "You can eat me." He told her.

Amanda smiled. But she was nervous too.

Because. Well. It was going to be her first time.

Don't let me mess this up.

Ansel.

He was holding a beer bottle, the music was loud and the night young.

"Ansel, Come on we can go upstairs," A girl wrapped her arms around his waist and yelled. Yelled, because the music was deafening.

He ignored her.

"Hey! Are you listening?" 

He looked at her but saw only one person.

Amanda Wealth.

Her blonde hair, green eyes. But that Jung...

He shook his head and rubbed his eyes.

"Fuck." 

"What?" 

"Let's go." He took the girl's arm and led her upstairs.

"Let's go to my room, I locked it. I was saving it for..." 

Her voice faded in the music. She unlocked the door, he went inside and the door was locked behind them.

**

The night went on, people celebrated differently. Some partied, some stayed in bed, some watched television (Of course Alex) and some enjoyed in the company of their loved ones.

That night as Ansel lay beside Allie unknown-last-name, he felt incomplete. Thinking what the hell went wrong in his life.

On the other hand, Amy was laying beside Jung. He had his arms wrapped around her. She rested her head on his chest as he ran his fingers through her hair. Their clothes were on the bedroom floor.

"Happy New Year, love," Jung whispered in her ear and kissed her.

"Happy New Year." She whispered back.

"Happy fucking New Year, Ansel." He whispered to himself and got up to leave. But sleep took over him and he laid back down.