Chapter 20: Date night

Chapter twenty: Date night (Zach's POV)

"Make it make sense, Spencer. Out of the blue, he just gets her number, calls her, asks her out, and she says yes?!" I exclaimed. 

It's Friday, Spencer was coming over today so he was riding back with me and Ellie went with Brett because I've been annoying her today. 

"Maybe she likes him, what's it to you?" he asked. 

"What's it to me? She's my friend," I replied. 

"Doesn't sound like it right now. A friend would be happy for a friend, no?" he chuckled. 

"What does it sound like to you?" I asked. 

"You sound a little jealous to me," he said. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "You do. You're questioning his intentions and methods. You think he'll do something bad?" he questioned. 

"No," I answered. 

"Then what is your problem?" 

I don't have an answer to that. 

How do I explain to him that Isaac just isn't right for her and that she's wasting time with him? 

"Forget it," I mumbled while parking in my usual spot before we climbed out while Brett and Ellie got out not too far away from us. 

"Ellie, can you reassure Zach here, he's a little worried about your date," Spencer said as we got into the elevator. I punched his stomach and he let out a huff, holding the spot. 

"Not my problem," she shrugged. Something is up with her, I swear. First all the snapping and being sassy with everyone, it's not just me, then all the strutting around, folding her arms across her chest, having an issue with everything, getting annoyed by everything, it just seems weird. 

"When is he coming to get you?" Brett asked. 

"He's not, I'm meeting him there," she replied as we entered the apartment. 

"He's not picking you up?" Brett, Spencer, and I all asked in sync. 

"What is wrong with you guys?" she asked in confusion. 

"He's taking you on a date and he's not even coming here to get you? Are you serious?" Brett huffed. 

"Well, I'm sorry. I haven't exactly told him that I'm living with the two of you. I actually am interested in him, I'd have him stay rather than shoo him off," she rolled her eyes. She's been doing that a lot too. 

"Why would knowing that shoo him off?" I questioned, sitting at the counter. 

"Because last time I went on a date, you," she pointed to Brett, "Interrogated him to the point where liking me seemed like a sin that would send him straight to hell. You weren't here but I know what you'll do," she shrugged at me. 

"I'm not gonna do anything," I shrugged. 

"Bet," Spencer and her scoffed together. 

"What?" I asked in confusion. 

"Zach," Brett gave me a pointed look. 

"What? Seriously, I won't. We're not fifteen anymore," I scoffed. 

"Yeah, but you're still possessive Zach," Spencer. I opened my mouth to say what I always do when the guys say this to me. 

"Protective, not possessive, there's a difference. We know," Brett rolled his eyes. 

"It doesn't bother me that she's going on a date with someone. Isaac is a good guy," I shrugged. 

"You just said she's wasting time with- Jesus!" Spencer winced when I punched him again.