The Vivah

Followed by the common people as well as Devtas , showered by flowers, Shiva and Sati go their way to Daksha 's palace. There were loud calls of joy - 'Shiva- Sati ki jai , Devi Sati ki jai'. Their marriage had to held in Daksha 's palace because Devi Sati had told to Lord Shiva that their marriage would not be possible without her parent's approval. And so Lord Shiva agreed , however he knew what was going to happen. 

When Sati arrived to the palace , all her sisters and people around the palace came running happily towards them

When Sati arrived to the palace , all her sisters and people around the palace came running happily towards them. Sati's mother cried of seeing her child after so many years , "Sati , my daughter...." she said and came near her , hugging her daughter at the moment. Sati too , burst into the tears of happiness. Suddenly the thundering voice of Daksha came after that , "Wait !" he looked anxiously at Lord Shiva and Sati together.
, "Who is he?" he asked as he pointed at Shiva.
Sati came closer to her father and touched his feet , "Pranam Pita Shri." she said blissfully and after that she said , " He is Mahadev. I have accepted him as my swami forever and now I want to take your blessings for our marriage." she would say , and Daksha would look ferociously at her , then taking a glance on Lord Shiva.
, "I do not want you to marry a person like him , Sati. Did you think of your father at once before doing all this?" angry Daksha said to her.
Sati bowed her head down. Shiva smiled after looking at Daksha. , "I can never allow this marriage." he said.

, "Pita ji !" shouted Sati , "From my childhood I have thought my Lord Shiva as my Swami. If I don't marry him I would certainly die." she wept. , Daksha looked at her crying daughter and hesitated "But Sati..."

Daksha didn't like her daughter getting married to Mahadev. He hadn't accepted this marriage from his heart , but was helpless against her daughter's will. After all the Devtas including Lord Vishnu and Brahma Dev, requested Daksha for this marriage , he had to accept it at last Finally the marriage was held in their palace with felicity and joy. All the Gods and Goddesses took part in it gracefully and the day was celebrated with delight.