chapter seven

Emily

Today was the day my best friend of fifteen years was moving out. To say the very least, Molly and I were both an emotional wreck.

Molly had shipped a lot of her belongings to London yesterday. Seeing as she was moving into Niall's house, pretty much all of the furniture was staying here and that meant it was just her personal belongings she was taking with her. 

Molly and I had spent the whole morning reminiscing about our best memories with each other. Time felt like it flew by, because before I knew it, I was standing out the front of the cafe with Molly, Niall and the chilly Ireland air to accompany us.

"Remember the time you said you always wanted to be apart of one of those sad goodbyes?" I asked. Molly nodded her head, letting out a little laugh of disbelief. "I don't know why you wanted to, because I don't like them" I added.

Molly didn't say anything, and instead flung her arms around my neck, pulling us together. I wrapped my arms as tight as humanly possible around he and the two of us rested our heads on each others shoulders.

"Thank you, for always being there for everything. Thank you for putting up with me when I've been a bitch. Thank you for always knowing what to say and how to make me feel better after watching the notebook. I love you so much and-" Molly stopped talking, covering her mouth to try and hold in her sob, that she did unsuccessfully. 

"I love you even more. Thank you for putting up with me when I've been a bitch. Thank you for being there every step of the way. You're baby is going to be the luckiest baby on Earth, because she has you to look up to" I cried, causing another sob to escape Molly's mouth.

The two of us clung onto each other for the next two minutes. Both of us were an emotional wreck by the time we pulled away. 

Molly hesitantly got in the taxi, closing the door behind her that wasn't able to block out the sound of her sniffles as I turned to Niall.

"I'm glad she met you" I told him honestly, another tear rolling down my cheek. 

"I'm glad I met her too" Niall said, looking over to the taxi with a loving smile. I didn't need to say anything else, and instead I pulled him in for a hug, him giving my back a soothing rub before we pulled away.

I watched as the taxi drove away, both Molly and Niall inside as I gave them one last wave, sobbing my eyes out as I did so.

Even though there weren't many costumers inside because we were closing soon, I was still receiving looks from all of them. I'm certain that if there were any regulars here, they would probably think I'm some mad women who's always crying, because... well there have been multiple occasions when I've walked in and out of the cafe as a sobbing wreck like now.

I ventured into the kitchen, helping Bella and Max who were the only employees left working right now. It was only half an hour that I was helping with the waiting of the tables before it was time for the cafe to close. 

I sent Bella and Max home seeing as it was the end of the shift and headed back into the kitchen, washing up the few dishes left. 

A knocking on the front window of the cafe had me calling out.

"We're closed!" I shouted, continuing on with the last dish. I know the person had heard me but that didn't stop them from knocking again, this time harder. 

I groaned, drying my hands on the hand towel and making my way out of the kitchen to deal with the impatient customer. Except I found that it wasn't a customer knocking on the door, but rather Harry.

I unlocked the door, opening it fully and looking at him with a confused look, unsure of why he was in Ireland at 6:30 pm.

"Hi" He smiled, not waiting for me to let him in as he stepped inside.