{13} A Doppel-what?

*Rylie*

"He's a Doppelgänger," James said.

"A what?" I asked.

"A doppelgänger? I saw a book somewhere about them, hold up." Sarah said before speeding away and coming back in a few seconds. She brought back a brown book and opened it. "Here, look. It says that a doppelganger is nature's way to keep the world balanced. Macarie Von Barrionevo was the progenitor of the doppelganger line. Born in 150AD. He was a powerful witch, with the help of other witches and lots and lots of dark magic, he was able to make himself immortal, no way to kill him. But nature needed a way to keep the balance of the world steady, so they created a line of doppelgangers. Started with at least one of his children needing to also have children. Once the first doppelganger was born, he died.  Like that, doppelgangers became more recurring every couple hundred of years. Keeping up the balance of nature. Rylie is the most recent."

"That means that if Dominik hadn't died before...I would've been the reason he would've died now?" I ask.

She nodded. "Who knows what would have happened if he was alive right now, he would come for. And you wouldn't stand a chance."

"So he's supernatural?" Maggie asked.

"Yes and no. His blood is, he himself not really. Unless you count his wolf lineage" Sarah said then looked at me. "That healing factor ability isn't from your wolf side, it's from your doppelganger bloodline."

"So you're saying...that Rylie and Dominik are related?" Alek asked.

Eliza nodded, "Dominik is a distant ancestor. Along with all their other doppelgangers that lived at one point. Rylie, you're special. It says your blood has many, many properties in nature."

"Like what?" I asked.

"Your blood heals. It heals you, it might even heal others. Then it says your blood is mandatory for very powerful spells and rituals. It also says your blood was used for the creation of vampirism and immortals. Meaning your blood can also be used to take it away." Sarah said.

"You're saying that there's a cure for vampirism?" I asked.

She nodded, "You."